Which bag shall I bring to universal studios?

Which Bag Should I bring?

• Louis Vuitton DE Eva or DA Felicie

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Balenciaga Velo in Gray

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Gucci Marmont Camera Bag in Blush

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Rebecca Minkoff Moto Satchel in Navy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Tokidoki for LeSpotSac Dolcezza Nebbia Messenger

• Other (Please comment below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

psxgurl

O.G.
Feb 23, 2008
I'm going to be going to Universal Studios Hollywood in a couple weeks and I need some advice! I am all over the place with bags and I cannot decide. I'm also one of those people that decide what to wear based on what bag I'm bringing. I know it's terrible! :P
Has anyone found you really needed to bring a bag bigger than an LV Eva? For reference, it will just be me and some friends so no kiddos to have to bring supplies for.

Thanks all!

I don't consider myself to be the most fashionable person so this might not be the best advice. I also like to pack light (phone, keys, small wallet or card case and on occasion my bulky sunglasses case).

I would bring a small crossbody bag that zips shut or would just carry a card case in my pocket. I would avoid anything I would be worried about getting damaged because even though you're not bringing kids, it will be crowded and others will have brought them. Even an adult could bump into you and spill something on a nice bag. I would go for something in a darker colour that isn't heavy.

I'm not familiar with all of the bags you've listed but Rebecca Minkoff bags tend to have those long zipper pulls that could get caught on something.

My last trip at Universal Orlando and DW, I brought 2 cross bodies. One nylon and one leather. I interchanged between wearing either one depending on our plan for the day. As we stayed at onsite resort, there were also times when I just wore a lanyard with my Express & Park pass and hotel card key in the morning (as it's easier when dashing from rides to rides) and then switch to a bag in the afternoon/evening.

I think it depends on what your activities will be at Universal Studios. If your activities are leisurely and minimal rides then wear what ever bag you want. If you want to do the wet and intense rides, then wearing your beloved bag may not be a good idea unless you really don't mind it getting wet, damaged or dirty. Some rides will require that you put bags/backpack into lockers.

eta: we didn't carry any money or credit card into the parks as everything was charged to our room using our hotel room key

Last edited:
Reactions: christinemliu
For some rides at Universal Studio Hollywood, if your bag is "too big" you will have to put it in a locker. My bag was roughly 10' by 10' by 3' and I had to locker it for the Harry Potter 3D ride, but not for the Revenge of the Mummy. Enforcement may not be equal. It could also be because I had a water bottle in there making it look bulky for a while! I really didn't need a bag that big (not that that is big) so if I go again I would bring something smaller. Just don't use a chain strap because if it's not raining, it will probably get hot enough to burn your skin. That happened to my sister a couple of years ago. Hope you enjoy yourself!

I personally wouldn't take any expensive bag into the park. That is just a disaster waiting to happen. It could get damaged/wet/etc. It could even get stolen as some rides require bags to be placed into lockers. No way would I want to put a high end bag in a locker that is probably pretty easy to break into. Personally, I wouldn't take a bag into the park at all. Get a small pouch that hangs on a lanyard. It can hold hotel room card, cash, credit/debit card, etc. That is all you need in the park. It is easy yo tuck under your shirt on rides so you don't have to use the lockers.

For exploring around resort/town area, I would take the Eva. It will hold what you need...hotel key, cards, cash, lipstick and it is pretty small so it won't get in your way and it is crossbody so easy to go hands free. It also won't get heavy. I wouldn't want to do alot of walking with a big bag like the Velo.