Which bag... maggie or glam

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
I have just been informed i'm getting an unexpected check the first of jan.I also just sold a bag so i'm hoping i'll have enough. Although I should be using it to get my hair done.. i'm going to opt for a bag.

I was bummed when I wasnt able to get the penelope, I have looked on ebay and the one I did find isnt there anymore.. So unless it pops up before, i'm looking at a madison maggie in a nice rich brown.. 14305 I think its the style # or the rich brown/brass poppy glam tote. I'm looking for a shoulder bag.
I have the first season poppy glam tote in black and love it. Its so light weight.
But I have also admired the maggie just refuse to pay 300$ for it ..
I would have to seek these out at the outlet or ebay as my funds are very limited..If i can even make this happen. :pout: Hubby is really watching my spending due to a big fat lawyer bill coming my way.:nono:

Can you give me your thoughts...

abbie001

Mar 20, 2010
I just sold my poppy glam tote , but plan on getting another one in black . I love this bag , its a great price for such a nice size bag.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I don't like the look of the new Glams. The old ones had a much prettier shape. I thought I would love Maggie, but it is just too wide for me. It isn't comfortable to carry over my shoulder because the bag sticks out too far from my body. I also thought I would like all those compartments, but I can never remember which section I put things in so I end up having to look in all of them anyway. The Maggie is pretty heavy too. The Maggie is more similar to the Penelope than the Glam, so you might like it. Just keep watching ebay. Eventually another one will be listed. You can also get one of the older style Glams for around $100.

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
I do have one of the first round glam totes... and love it!! its black, but I was hoping the brown one(new style) would work.. but nope!!

I will keep my eyes peeled :biggrin:

I don't like the look of the new Glams. The old ones had a much prettier shape. I thought I would love Maggie, but it is just too wide for me. It isn't comfortable to carry over my shoulder because the bag sticks out too far from my body. I also thought I would like all those compartments, but I can never remember which section I put things in so I end up having to look in all of them anyway. The Maggie is pretty heavy too. The Maggie is more similar to the Penelope than the Glam, so you might like it. Just keep watching ebay. Eventually another one will be listed. You can also get one of the older style Glams for around $100.

Dec 16, 2011
Florida
I would choose the Maggie over the glam myself but I also might just wait to find a Penelope at a bargain instead since it is such a sweet bag :smile:

Jul 17, 2008
I would wait and stalk ebay and bonz after Christmas. A lot of people sell bags because they get new ones:smile:
I don't have either of those bags, so I am not advertising, I just remember last year with all of the deletes and gift giving, ebay was really active in January. Plus, a lot of people sell bags to pay off their bills.
Oh, and Maggie all of the way!

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
I would wait and stalk ebay and bonz after Christmas. A lot of people sell bags because they get new ones:smile:
I don't have either of those bags, so I am not advertising, I just remember last year with all of the deletes and gift giving, ebay was really active in January. Plus, a lot of people sell bags to pay off their bills.
Oh, and Maggie all of the way!
I'm going to head to the outlet next week and see what is there.. as I got wind that the abigail is going there... so we'll see. Maggie for sure is off my list, unless I can find one with chains on the straps...