Which bag for travelling abroad??

new2mulbs

I❤Mulberry
Sep 15, 2012
Hi all

I'm off on hols tomorrow and was wondering which bag you would recommend as a good travel companion. We are flying for about 11 hours and with my DD I need something practical but also stylish out there...DD has her own changing bag but I need an easy option while sightseeing etc

Daria satchel? Or try again with OS Alexa due to ease of cross Body option?? I still havent taken her out once as i dont think i look right but maybe this is the right time. Also is it sad to want to decant everything into another older bag like my Anya Hindmarch as she's already been round the world with me so I don't wreck my newer beauties?

On another note, I was packing up 1 lily to come along and am worried she will get squashed- any tips?? In probably more worried about her getting there in one piece than my actual luggage! Actually I was considering taking 3 Lilys but felt that might be overkill ;)

Thanks all x

Ladies I would take a Longchamp Le Pliage for chucking all your hand luggage in. Then maybe a sbs or lily? I always like a cross body bag for times when you want to have your hands free but can also look good as an evening bag.

BECCAMULBERRY said:
Ladies I would take a Longchamp Le Pliage for chucking all your hand luggage in. Then maybe a sbs or lily? I always like a cross body bag for times when you want to have your hands free but can also look good as an evening bag.

Ok I was sorta hoping for something I already had as opposed to buying a new one!!!

SBS for me doesn't work- I don't get it at all and don't own one! I have lily packed as my evening bag for the few parties etc we have to go to. So I'm looking for one that I can use easily on plane and walking around and won't mind a bit of wear I suppose as I won't be able to keep her on my lap!

I think OS is good company during the flight but maybe not so convenient when you traveling around because it might get heavy and difficult to get thing in/out. I prefer something with zipper during the trip. Last year I went to Vietnam with my little 2 years old daughter and I had OS with me but almost did not use her. I'm afraid of heaving bottle of water and baby food inside the bag, so I end up using my coach all the time. Having lily in the hand language is good idea. I bought SpeedyB for my next trip in the summer. It's much better for travel in my opinion, I will bring medium lily too :smile:

littlehanoi said:
I think OS is good company during the flight but maybe not so convenient when you traveling around because it might get heavy and difficult to get thing in/out. I prefer something with zipper during the trip. Last year I went to Vietnam with my little 2 years old daughter and I had OS with me but almost did not use her. I'm afraid of heaving bottle of water and baby food inside the bag, so I end up using my coach all the time. Having lily in the hand language is good idea. I bought SpeedyB for my next trip in the summer. It's much better for travel in my opinion, I will bring medium lily too :smile:

Hmmm yes you're right but I cant take her for flight (OS) and then something else for walking around! Lily in hand luggage you think?? I'd probably be more worried about her there as I'd be constantly checking that no one had stolen her during the flight !

My travelling bag is Smithfield, she's gorgeous and incredibly durable, a true workhorse where I can fill in all my stuff plus can put up with the crazyness in customs and on the actual plane. I do 18 hour flights to visit my home country so it's well proven!
As an everyday holiday bag Mini Alexas are great, just the perfect size for the escentials and weightless so you can go sightseeing and walking without actually feeling you're carrying something. Possibly Lily would work as well as the size is pretty much identical to the Mini Lexy.

As you can't take many bags with you I would suggest a colour that you find could go with all your possible outfits, core colours are the best bet. For me Foggy Grey has been the absolute best for matching and never looking dull :biggrin:

Hmmm yes you're right but I cant take her for flight (OS) and then something else for walking around! Lily in hand luggage you think?? I'd probably be more worried about her there as I'd be constantly checking that no one had stolen her during the flight !
I'd keep your eye on her Hun and keep her in your hand luggage. I've known of all sorts of things missing from hold luggage at the end of the flight. Shall I come and carry your bags for you :giggles:

You shouldn't worry too much ladies! I've taken my 2 reg lexies and one mini in my hand luggage as I'd never put them in the main. Never had a problem, you can always put a padlock to be more secure ;) and store it in the overhead compartment.

Best option is having some tote, which is similar as Nerverfull or longchamp as someone mentioned before. You can then put one smaller bag inside. I never heard of stealing thing on the flight, only check in language (I use to travel a lot).

new2mulbs said:
Hi all

I'm off on hols tomorrow and was wondering which bag you would recommend as a good travel companion. We are flying for about 11 hours and with my DD I need something practical but also stylish out there...DD has her own changing bag but I need an easy option while sightseeing etc

Daria satchel? Or try again with OS Alexa due to ease of cross Body option?? I still havent taken her out once as i dont think i look right but maybe this is the right time. Also is it sad to want to decant everything into another older bag like my Anya Hindmarch as she's already been round the world with me so I don't wreck my newer beauties?

On another note, I was packing up 1 lily to come along and am worried she will get squashed- any tips?? In probably more worried about her getting there in one piece than my actual luggage! Actually I was considering taking 3 Lilys but felt that might be overkill ;)

Thanks all x

My last vacation I overpacked and travelled with Neverfull which was light and comfy for the flight and two Darias (satchel and medium hobo) in my hand luggage. I also had LV Eva in my Neverfull. East west bays and lily went into checked luggage.

As I said I overpacked ;) but I was away for 3 weeks.

The next time I travel it will be Neverfull with Eva in it,
Darias in hand luggage and medium lily checked ( haven't got the medium lily as yet though).

I used my Darias the most while on holiday though as they are light, practical but not too boring looking.