Which bag for travelling abroad??

Oh no now you've put it in my head that someone will steal my beautiful lily during transit if she's packed away! Problem is I don't have any really large tote bag that lily could fit in...

Thanks for the offer beaver but I'm pretty sure they'd find you if you were hiding behind me carrying my lily! ;)

So.... What to do!

My last vacation I overpacked and travelled with Neverfull which was light and comfy for the flight and two Darias (satchel and medium hobo) in my hand luggage. I also had LV Eva in my Neverfull. East west bays and lily went into checked luggage.

As I said I overpacked ;) but I was away for 3 weeks.

The next time I travel it will be Neverfull with Eva in it,
Darias in hand luggage and medium lily checked ( haven't got the medium lily as yet though).

I used my Darias the most while on holiday though as they are light, practical but not too boring looking.

Dont have medium lily checked :smile:, it might get delay!

littlehanoi said:
Dont have medium lily checked :smile:, it might get delay!

Ok so lily def in hand luggage! But I've got
To think where she will fit in my hand luggage. I love that this is my first time travelling with my daughter and I'm more concerned on how to keep lily safe?! I guess as my family is all going I know my DD will be looked after but poor lily won't be :smile:

Oh no now you've put it in my head that someone will steal my beautiful lily during transit if she's packed away! Problem is I don't have any really large tote bag that lily could fit in...

Thanks for the offer beaver but I'm pretty sure they'd find you if you were hiding behind me carrying my lily! ;)

So.... What to do!

Rupi don't be silly LOL! I've traveled to South America with 4 Mulberries on the plane, yes 4!!! Smithfield as a handbag and my reg and mini foggy grey and my black reg lexy in the handluggage inside the overhead compartment without a padlock, oh and my laptop was also inside! I had no problems at all!

Well, me and my DH went to Rome for dating trip 6 years ago :smile:. I brought all of my nicest things clothes, bag and shoes. I was phd students so no Mulberry of LV at that time but I had Burberry and Stella Mc Cartney. All were sent with checked luggage. We were delay 1 night in Milan. But both of our suitcases arrive to hotels 3 days later. I had to buy new clothes for new year eve :smile:. From that experience, all important thing go with me on the plane!

Well, me and my DH went to Rome for dating trip 6 years ago :smile:. I brought all of my nicest things clothes, bag and shoes. I was phd students so no Mulberry of LV at that time but I had Burberry and Stella Mc Cartney. All were sent with checked luggage. We were delay 1 night in Milan. But both of our suitcases arrive to hotels 3 days later. I had to buy new clothes for new year eve :smile:. From that experience, all important thing go with me on the plane!

I had a similar experience so completely understand! I'd never take my handbags in the main luggage in case it gets delayed and sometimes, depending on the country you're going to they could even get stolen from your main case.
I've never ever had a problem with things missing in my handluggage, I always store it in the overhead compartment and can even put a padlock if I feel like it for extra safety.

Melu said:
Rupi don't be silly LOL! I've traveled to South America with 4 Mulberries on the plane, yes 4!!! Smithfield as a handbag and my reg and mini foggy grey and my black reg lexy in the handluggage inside the overhead compartment without a padlock, oh and my laptop was also inside! I had no problems at all!

I know I know! I've travelled all over and never worried about it before but I guess I'm a little nervous about taking dd and maybe worrying about lily is a good distraction technique for my befuddled brain ;)

I think you should take your Anya Hindmarch as it is tried and true, and pack your Lily inside of it for the plane ride.

I find the Speedy (or any other of my handheld only bags) very cumbersome for traveling, because it requires a free hand.

I know I know! I've travelled all over and never worried about it before but I guess I'm a little nervous about taking dd and maybe worrying about lily is a good distraction technique for my befuddled brain ;)

You're worrying too much about so many things Rupi it's not worth it! Before it was packing and now your Lily in the handluggage? Going on holidays shouldn't be this stressfull otherwise it would be wiser to stay at home.
Relax and enjoy it :biggrin:

How about your Anya Hindmarch with Lily inside for the actual travelling part and then Daria satchel in your checked luggage? You definitely want to be comfortable for the airport/flight part, especially with your DD to look after too. I used to have a Speedy and lovely as it was I just found the handheld nature of it really annoying when I was on the move and needed to juggle lots of stuff.

I have a similar dilemna as I'm travelling to Cyprus on Thursday to see my parents, but I think I've decided to take my LV Neverfull MM as my travelling bag since it is light and can be slung on my shoulder and then my plum Chloe Marcie hobo and drizzle grey Mulbs Daria tote in my hand luggage as my bags for when I'm out there. I'm buying a black medium Lily at the airport so that will be my dressier going out bag while I'm away :biggrin: I'm probably taking too many bags but it is too hard to choose between them ;)

How about your Anya Hindmarch with Lily inside for the actual travelling part and then Daria satchel in your checked luggage? You definitely want to be comfortable for the airport/flight part, especially with your DD to look after too. I used to have a Speedy and lovely as it was I just found the handheld nature of it really annoying when I was on the move and needed to juggle lots of stuff.

I have a similar dilemna as I'm travelling to Cyprus on Thursday to see my parents, but I think I've decided to take my LV Neverfull MM as my travelling bag since it is light and can be slung on my shoulder and then my plum Chloe Marcie hobo and drizzle grey Mulbs Daria tote in my hand luggage as my bags for when I'm out there. I'm buying a black medium Lily at the airport so that will be my dressier going out bag while I'm away :biggrin: I'm probably taking too many bags but it is too hard to choose between them ;)

Onebagtoomany, you have a perfect bag-planning :smile:, especially the medium lily at the airport part :biggrin:. The NF sound perfect too! Have a nice trip and looking forward to lily reveal :smile:.

Personally I've got a Kipling x body bag which I use if on a plane as travelling with young kids is stressful enough I don't want to be worried about my bag.... I'm already paranoid enough about passports, tickets etc!
I'd probably just take 1 other bag in suitcase but again I have a Kipling evening bag for this. I just don't fancy taking expensive stuff on holiday (out of sight on plane, in hotel room, etc.) I'm of same opinion about taking expensive jewellery etc on holiday tho - maybe I'm just too paranoid!
Also guess it depends where you're going and what you're planning on doing when there. Perhaps just stick the essentials in baby changing bag??
Whatever you decide, have a fab holiday xx

Onebagtoomany, you have a perfect bag-planning :smile:, especially the medium lily at the airport part :biggrin:. The NF sound perfect too! Have a nice trip and looking forward to lily reveal :smile:.

He he, thanks :smile: It might change again but I think that is what I am going to take! My Bays and EW Bays are work bags to me so they will stay here and last time I went to Cyprus I took my black Prada and found it really heavy. I can't wait to get medium Lily at the airport, I reserved her today and am soooo excited! :girlsigh: