which bag for "donna karan" interview?!?!

aaallabama

r.i.p. my angel
O.G.
May 7, 2006
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!! :woohoo:...i've got an interview @ "donna karan" this week & don't know which bag to wear...i've got the outfit all picked out (including a "DKNY" top), but i'm at a total loss where it comes to the bag...i usually carry a black leather MBMJ to interviews, but don't think it's right for this...i have to look really sharp & can't wear any competitors...i'm trying to decide whether this warrants buying a new bag & if so, what?!?!...please lemme know what you think...TIA gals!!! :heart:

my choices:
1) black leather givenchy nightingale
2) black leather YSL medium downtown
3) black leather BV stud-stamped hobo
or...
4) buy a new bag bama!!! (suggestions?!?!)

Last edited:
First off, congratulations on the interview! Will this be a retail position or a position within the designer HQ? If it's retail, I think the Givenchy would be perfect. If it's for the HQ, I would probably go with a non-logo bag - just buy a cheapy black leather bag.

ETA: By "cheapy" I mean it doesn't have to scream luxury, but just something appropriate for the interview that doesn't scream designer, KWIM?

Ooooh, I love this - not black, I know, but it IS appropriate :smile: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...mCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030735cat13030746

Last edited:
First off, congratulations on the interview! Will this be a retail position or a position within the designer HQ? If it's retail, I think the Givenchy would be perfect. If it's for the HQ, I would probably go with a non-logo bag - just buy a cheapy black leather bag.

ETA: By "cheapy" I mean it doesn't have to scream luxury, but just something appropriate for the interview that doesn't scream designer, KWIM?

Ooooh, I love this - not black, I know, but it IS appropriate :smile: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...mCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030735cat13030746

^^ awe, thanks girl, i'm super excited!!! :yahoo:...it's not retail, it's with the HQ in nyc (wooooooooooo-whooooooooo!!!)...i could try & find a plain, black, non-logo leather bag...i was just worried that it might not be "hip" enough...the recruiter kept telling me i need to look fashionable (but also told me not to go crazy spending lots of $$$ :P)...maybe it's enough to be fashionable with my wardrobe & keep the bag simple...the DKNY bag in the link is nice, but a little pricey for me right now...thanks so much for your input!!! :heart:

Wow!! I am so excited for you!!

I have a designer friend who lives back in Australia now, but he worked for her in NYC a few years ago. He lived in NYC for 14 years and worked for a few different designers during that time, but he had wonderful experiences with DK.

Back to the search...I like a few of the bags on this page, especially the Danielle Nicole bag at the bottom. I don't know who she is, but that bag looks gorgeous and a little Lanvin-ish. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...ter2Value=&filterOverride=&sort=&icid=viewall

aaa i'm so freakin happy for you girl!!
i think u should go for non labeled bag and maybe something not that obvious where it came from
from the choices u gave, the ysl and givenchy is an obvious style, i think most people who's interested or workin in fashion knows which designer they came from.
i'm not sure which BV u meant, but i think the BV sounds like a safer choice to me.

godd luck to you girl :smile: and keep us posted how it goes, i'm soooo happy for youuuu :yahoo:

First off congrats!! I hope you get the job. Could you tell me which BV bag u are refering to though? Im not quite sure. Between the muse and the nightingale, Id probably go with the nightingale.

If you buy a new bag then it might as well be a Donna Karan. Otherwise any of your lovely black bags would be fine, my pref is for the BV - it shows fashion insider rather than simply fashion lover KWIM. :sunnies

Total good luck for the interview. Knock-em out!

^^ yay, thanks so much everyone!!! :yahoo:...it's sounding like my black BV hobo is in the lead...i've been searching for a plain, non-logo black bag all over...but would you believe that's nearly impossible to find in nyc?!?! :P....i've also looked for "DKNY" bags, but there's such little selection...and everything's either too big or too small on me...below is a photo of my beloved BV ("bottega veneta"), which i've never even worn (lol!!!)...i think i've been too worried about ruining her (silly, i know)...i've also attached a photo of the "DKNY" cozy i'll be wearing in black, with black dress slacks & black leather dress boots...please keep the advice comin' in gals!!! :nuts:

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 464dc-2.jpg
    464dc-2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 102
I love the BV bag! It is perfect. There is no need to spend $$$ on a nw bag when you have beautiful bags in your closet to choose from. I would definitely wear some statement jewelry....maybe a cool chunky silver necklace. It would look very chic against all of that black!

I would carry the BV, or borrow a friend's good quality non logo'd leather bag if you feel uncomfortable about carrying a competitor's product.

I would not buy a new bag for an interview... but if you land the job, thats another story :smile:

Good luck!!!

wooohoooo bammy! Congrats on the interview! :woohoo: You're gonna knock their socks off, I just know it! :biggrin:

Another vote for the BV here. Classic and stylish. Perfect with your black ensemble!

Good luck! :heart:

why would you ever in think of getting another black bag when you have that gorgeous thing in your closet? Understated elegance is what's called for, and you've got the perfect bag for it. I love that cozy too, how cute is that? Just accentuate with a few choice pieces of jewelry, maybe on the chunky size.