Which Bag Do You Reach for When it Rains or Snows?

Do You Wear Your Box Calf or Exotic Bag in Bad Weather?

• Only if I get caught in unexpected bag weather

• Absolutely, and I just stick the Hermes raincoat on it

• No way. I leave it at home and carry Togo, Clemence, Fjord, etc.

• It's just a bag, for goodness sake. I don't even bother with the raincoat.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, before anyone wonders if Box Calf bags are safe in my hands, I must say that I've only used them when it's been drizzling and that there's been virtually no exposure. The raincoat has caught just a few drops of rain, and I've taken off the raincoat and checked the bag for any drops (and found none).

If it's a new boxcalf bag (no patina) and pouring, I leave it at home and carry an older boxcalf with heavy patina (perfectly rainproof if you wipe the drops off immediately) or fjord or gulliver Bolide, or vache liegee Birkin. I haven't taken my ostrich out in the rain, though...too paranoid!

beaumonde, just ask your SA for a packet when you're at the store. It helps to know the number you need for your bag, and to ask for it by number. For example, a 28cm and 32cm Kelly use #2; and a 35cm Birkin, 40cm Birkin and 32cm HAC use #5.

I tried to spray all my evelyn bags with this tana all protector (buy pump spray, better than this aerosol), I have bags in epson, cherve, clemence, togo leather. After trying spray on small sections, I drip drops of water on it, and it beads up and not soak it in. At least if I am stick in the rain with no cover, I do not worry about water marks.

My Garden Party bag works the best in bad weather (Birkins stay at home on bad weathered days). Otherwise just use LV, or Ferragamo.

Which of the following leathers do you consider to be best in rain AND for withstanding scratches and everyday use: clemence, evergrain, or swift? I'm thinking of a lindy, but that leather needs to hold up in our beautiful OH weather and with my beautiful rambunctious 2 boys (ages 4 & 5).

I use my Caviar Chanel bags for rain. Interesting to read that Clemence seems to be safe in the rain. Good to know. Not that I'd have the heart to soak my Kelly or Birkin!