which bag do i need?

BrookeJ

Aug 4, 2010
so every year i get to pick out my gift for christmas and every year i cant decide. This year i know i want a new mab but now i cant decide which one. at first i wanted all black with silver or genmetal hardware. something basic and timeless that will last forever. i only have one mab currently which is the black and white woven which goes with anything so i am starting to think maybe i need something more fun. i saw a purple haze zip mab and i kinda love it but purple? really i dunno. i know i want a used one. i know it sounds silly but i like when they come broken in. :smile: i stalk ebay and bonanzle daily looking for "the" bag. all i know for sure is i do not want gold hardware. when i look at all the beautiful collections pictures on here i just fall in love over and over again and want them all!!!! please ladies help me out here what is your favorite bag? what can you not live without?

Are you a fan of any of the BW bags? I think Royal/Brown BW is a classic RM staple and would be an excellent choice!! Purple Haze is a lovely choice as far as color and leather as well, my only concern with the haze bags is they have the zippered accents which could be pretty trendy.

i like the zippers but i think the same thing that it could be a considered a trend bc they are popular right now but i kinda like that the zippers make it a lil more edgy. i'm only 25 and i like to be kinda "different" without being crazy i think i am more concerned about the color purple than anything. if they made a black haze with silver hardware id be sold but ive only seen it with brass so i am not sure if black haze with silver or gunmetal exists. ahh just one bag how can a girl be expected to decide. the fact that its a great bad weather bag is awesome tho bc the snow starts soon and does end until march i need something that can handle that.

you ladies are always so helpful and you know what you are talking about. no one i know cares about bags and certainly do not understand spending hundreds of dollars for a single one. i used to be into coach and now they are like why dont you just get another coach bag. they just dont get it. :sad:

Another vote for PH. I am really suprised at how many MAs and MAM's are on Bonz/eBay right now. The leather is amazing. It's subtle and dark...but when the light hits it, it really pops!! It's great in all types of weather and breaks in nicely.

I don't have PH zip Mam but I have had a PH mini beloved and I have a deep turquoise zip MAM. While I love the Purple Haze leather, I don't like the gunmetal hardware of my DT MAM - the zippers are all brassy and they don't look that great in that condition. Perhaps you might like the deep violet MAM with (I think) silver signature hardware? I've seen those on Bonz and really thought they were pretty and timeless!

The bag I cannot live without is my Wine Nikki, however you mentioned Purple Haze and I have a PH 3zip MAC that I absolutely ADORE as well! The leather is so increibly supple and soft, but so sturdy as well. I love that it's a color, but also a darker one so it can work with a lot more than you think! Good luck :yahoo: