Do you carry your LV in the winter?

I use mine in the winter, but I'm mindful of the vachetta on days when it's snowing or just outright gross (i.e. early spring thaw). I also pass on LV, or really any bag made or canvas or leather - regardless of brand, on the days when the temperature drops to below -25C because of the very real risk of freezing the material and causing it to crack. Nothing is really meant to handle those extreme temperatures.

Including us...:crybaby:

Signed RayKay in Canada

just running in and out of the car I feel my bags are not outside that much but they can get wet from the snow and sleet. Because of this I usually switch to my small Prada Nylon bag because there is no leather that can stain on it. I have carried LV bags in bags like the Speedy in bad weather but some of the other bags I have had such as the Noe GM and Montsouris GM have a lot of vachetta so I never really wanted them to get soaked. Even though I do treat my bags and water stains have never been a problem I feel harsh winter weather can make you rethink things.

I carry my DE Duomo Hobo or my Speedy 30 in DE. I also have a vintage Saumur 30 which has an ironclad patina going, so I can carry that and don’t stress out if it gets wet in Winter.

The canvas by itself is literally waterproof. Some LV leathers, like Épi, are water repellent, so they won't get ruined immediately and can be wiped off. But it really depends on what exact type of Vuitton leather we are talking about.

Reactions: MeepMeep67