Which bag?? Any pros and cons?

wintotty

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
Sooo......I only own Birkin bags from wonderful house of Hermes. I want to try other styles, looked through the reference library and here's my choice (I think for now...:graucho:)

-35 Kelly (don't know what color I want, but something cheery)
-Kelly Flat (RD or biscuit.....something neutral)
-Constance 23cm (something bright!)

I'm really loving the look of Kelly Flat and Constance, but not sure how practical they are, but again who cares about that if it looks good!:nuts:
Constance is very chic....but I'm pretty surprised about the price of the bag...being quite small yet priced like a Kelly and Birkin!

Anyway, what's your thoughts on these bags?

just saw a kelly flat .. a kelly that does yoga .. KF is great if you like to bring more that one bag when you travel .. jmo .. otherwise .. yes to anything BOX ..

hi robee^

I LOVE the chic look of the Kelly Flat! not sure how cumbersome to open/close the flap though....

YES, constance in box leather is gorgy.....but I want it in pop color, and I'm getting a Rouge H box birkin this summer, so I think my choice will be in chevre?

Kelly 32 or 35. I would think the Kelly flat would be hard to open and close. I checked it out at H store early this week and I think I'd get frustrated by it.

I f you are not sure about the constance and the kelly flat, a kelly in a size 28 would be great. especially if your birkins are 35s. kelly 28 is very useful, a day to night bag. in a bright color such as orange or any shade of red.

The amount of work entailed in crafting the Constance is one reason why the price is so high....

I think if you're used to the Birkin and you like large bags, you might like the Kelly flat very much!

Also, if you'd like the Constance in a pop of color you might be able to find one through a reseller....that's probably the way I'd go. They ARE pricey at retail......

are you searching a new bag for a particular reason(work, running errands, special/formal occasions) or you're just want to play with another style?
My choice would be a Kelly 32 or 35, leather and colours are just too hard to define!

I just don't understand why Constance bag is SO expensive compare to other bags.....

The Constance is a bag that requires a lot of care in making it. It is extremely sophisticated in its make, especially the lining of the flap that is shorter than the outside to allow the flap to ALWAYS remaining round-shaped at the top.
It is an incredibly complicated bag, that requires many hours of work and can't be made by beginner craftpersons....Also, It reuires a PERCFECT symetry in all measurements, and that is another complication.....

If you take the time to inspect one IRL, you will understand exactly what I am talking about ;)

S'Mom, I also think I will like the Kelly Flat since it's 35. It's such a unique design, which I LOVE....

maryg1, I don't have any reasons or particular occasions in my mind for this bag. I just want to have H bags other than Birkin......

Perlerare, thank you for explaining why the Constance bag is pricey. I just though, hey Constance doesn't require as much of a leather as Birkin or Kelly, why is it so expensive?? I didn't think the bag required such time!