Which Alexandra Should I Get?

BerryWriter

Jan 20, 2010
I'm torn!

I found a sweet deal on a Lilac Croc Embossed Alexandra! Love it but I am also looking at one of the regular leather Alexandras. I don't know which to get! Does the croc hold up as well as the regular leather? I don't beat up my bags but I still want something durable.

I'm torn!

I found a sweet deal on a Lilac Croc Embossed Alexandra! Love it but I am also looking at one of the regular leather Alexandras. I don't know which to get! Does the croc hold up as well as the regular leather? I don't beat up my bags but I still want something durable.

I've only had one croc bag, a Maggie. When I walked, my arm would brush over the front outside corner of the bag. That's where the croc started to peel back on her. It started lifting and I knew if I wore her more & more it would just get worse. She went back :sad:

I have an Apple Alexandra and I gave my best friend my Berry Alexandra. Bot of them look great!

I've only had one croc bag, a Maggie. When I walked, my arm would brush over the front outside corner of the bag. That's where the croc started to peel back on her. It started lifting and I knew if I wore her more & more it would just get worse. She went back :sad:

I have an Apple Alexandra and I gave my best friend my Berry Alexandra. Bot of them look great!

Wow, thanks for sharing. I had no idea that the croc bags would peel. I've been seriously considering a croc bag for awhile now, but that kind of scares me. Guess I'll be sticking to regular leather for my own bags.

With that in mind, I'd probably recommend the smooth leather, BerryWriter. The croc sure is pretty though...

The lilac croc is gorgeous but I think you are better off going with a regular leather Alexandra. I think you may have to baby the lilac croc one too much and in the end it may not be worth it to you to do that.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks everyone! I ended up going with a large black Alexandra (original FP version). Got it new with tags, never used, for $100! Can't wait to get it! :smile:

What a deal!! Enjoy!

The regular leather wears great. One of my berry's first outings involved an open orange juice bottle lid and the bag got soaked. A damp washcloth later, good as new - between the waxed finish and the apple spray, it didn't even soak through to the lining!

Congratulations on the amazing deal! I would agree that the regular leather is very resilient. About a month ago, while I was shopping, I felt something odd at the bottom of my Berry Alexandra (which I have been using exclusively for nearly 2 months). I discovered that I had glitter glue all over the bottom of my bag. Apparently, I had placed my bag down on top of one of my children's projects in the car. I was devastated to think that I might have ruined my bag. When I got home, I used some leather cleaner on the bag, and it all came off and the bag was as good as new!