Which Alex Tote to Get?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Okay, so all of my purse frenzy aside, before I buy anymore pretty but not so practical purses, I need a new tote for work. Everyday, I take my folder (one of those leather portfolio folders) and my 15.4" Dell (which is a little heavy). I'm looking for a tote already lightweight on its own and I was drawn to the Alex collection. Now which one should I get....

ALEX OP ART QUILTED PRINTED LARGE TOTE - Style 14277

or

ALEX STITCHED PATENT LARGE TOTE Style 14255 in black

Of course both are no longer available on-line, so I would have to hunt down both. I found the quilted tote on ebay and I found the patent tote on ebay. I like the quilted tote better, but how is it as far as durability? I've tried it on in the store a while ago and I really liked the weight of it and the size. And I need to have a tote that zips up because I can't have my work laptop rained on.

So.... which one would be the best for a lightweight and durable tote?

Thanks everyone!

And I will post collection pics soon... verrry soon ;)

2. OMG Get the Quilted! I have it and it is my fav bag so far! It is very lightweight but since its quilted I think you'll be fine with a laptop in it.

3. ALEX OP ART QUILTED PRINTED LARGE TOTE - Style 14277

Is to me the most beautiful bag in the Alex collection and a great tote.

4. I have the quilted tote as well. I am using it for diaper bag right now and it is perfect. It holds so much stuff and it is not heavy at all!

5. I have the patent leather in dark gray and I love it! I'm actually wanting to buy the black one also, I like it so much. I like the quilted also. But since I already have and love the patent, I would suggest that. Good luck with your decision. Can't wait to see which one you pick!

6. Thanks ladies!

7. I have the large patent Alex tote in Black and I absolutely love it! Very lightweight, great strap drop, and really just a gorgeous "glam" bag! :smile:

8. I'd get the patent tote, I've seen her IRL on someone at the mall, and it was stunning!!!

9. Partial to patent. Plus the shine is gorgeous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice