Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Mother of Pearl

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • Onyx

Votes: 29 29.6%

• Total voters

nightbefore

Sep 13, 2019
I am a necklace and earrings person but I feel like adding something on my hands/arms. After a loooooooong time thinking, I realized that I won’t be able to choose a ring (I am extremely picky when it comes to rings, no idea why). I thought a bracelet would be probably more practical. I am debating between onyx, tiger eye and mop bracelets. I love neutrals. my wardrobe consists mostly neutrals with some navy and pastel pink/blue tints. I have neutral fair complexion, I own YG MOP magic pendant, YG MOP vintage earrings, YG vintage pave pendant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mjxxsyd and hhw
For me it's between the TE or the onyx.

TE if you like, suit and wear tawny warm colours, onyx if you're high contrast.

I love both :biggrin: In fact these are my favourite for the 5-M bracelet.

Reactions: nightbefore
@DS2006 I love both onyx and MOP. As you know from my previous posts, I collect both YG and WG. Full onyx comes only in YG so I thought I could always get MOP later for my WG set but as you said I am drawn to sets and matching pieces. That makes it hard to choose :sad:

@nycmamaofone gold on black is absolutely gorgeous that’s why I always go for GHW on black bags :biggrin: I am worryed about delicacy of MOP but I am also a bit matchy matchy person so I am wondering if MOP on ear and onyx on arm would look too different.

@papertiger I actually never considered TE before but after seeing some on here, it is a gorgeous neutral. I am imagining it with a lot of beige/cream/camel cashmere sweaters and cogna riding boots. I think TE is a great stone for winter wardrobe. The only problem is, although I have neutral undertone warm colours look not good on me :sad: I can never pull off tawny colours. So probably onyx would be better choice for my wardrobe and undertone.

I voted Tiger's eye. I love MOP as well, but TE is unique and will add a beautiful look with your other pieces!
if you choose one with beautiful seriations, it would look so elegant and stunning with mop.

Reactions: nightbefore
I think it's inevitable that you'll end up with both the mop and onyx! It's just a matter of which to get first! I personally will wear the black the most in the fall through winter and mop more in the spring and summer, so you could get onyx if you think you'd wear it more now. But I think you will need companion pieces for the onyx, too!

@kmang011 @sjunky13 today I tried some warm coloured clothes in store to check my colour palette and they didn’t really look good on me so I decided to pass TE. I love TE but I think he won’t love me back :sad:

@DS2006 exactly, I mentioned in another thread that I tend to wear WG in winter and YG in summer so I decided to get MOP in YG and onyx in WG. For sure the photos of your onyx/pave bracelet was an enabler for choosing onyx in WG :biggrin:

thank you very much everyone for the advices!:heart:

I vote MOP too! Complete your set. If you buy a different stone, it's going to annoy you the pieces don't match.
Complete your MOP set; then start the next stone set. Half the fun is dreaming of the next pieces you want to collect. :biggrin:
I actually dreamt about the frivole and 20 motif yesterday night, and funny thing is… they are not even in my wishlist at the moment :shocked::nuts:

Too funny! If you like long necklaces, to me, the 20 motif in MOP is the bomb.
If I could only have one Alhambra piece, it would be a 20 MOP. That neciklace will follow you to all the places you go!
I love long necklaces, I was actually at one point let 20 go from my wishlist but it is making a comeback… I am first working on few more pieces though before I get 20 :smile:

Reactions: BigAkoya