Which 2 out of three bags?

beaver232

O.G.
Jun 24, 2011
So, I have three bags and would like to narrow it down to two.

Do you think that would I get more use out of two medium flaps with different leather and hardware or two different sized bags with the same leather and hardware? ( medium and jumbo flap)

So black has always been my favourite but am I limiting my options by keeping both sizes in exactly the same hardware and leather combination or limiting my options with two bags of the same size?

I do have a woc also.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Such a difficult question.

Personally, I am petite (5'2") so I cannot/won't do Jumbo. I don't like the proportions of it on my frame, and it is heavier. So I'd rather keep two Mediums.

However, my overall bag collection requires bags of different size and function. I always have a small, medium, and large (tote) bag for different practical uses. They are all different styles, too--again, to best suit their function.

It really depends on how you use your bags and what you need from them.

Speaking for myself, I would prefer to a Jumbo shw definitely in caviar if possible single flap for day out only and the extra more space for carrying bit more items. The other one would be m/l in ghw preferably in caviar or maybe(not sure) in lambskin for day to night out.

Reactions: no5 and beaver232
Hm. Tough question. Did you buy the different sizes for functional reasons? Or just because you like the color?
I’m not a fan of the jumbo, It just looks too big on me.

I bought the different sizes as I could only get the colour and leather I wanted in a jumbo originally. I have used it very occasionally, loved it and have now found it in the medium.
It’s my favourite so black combo.
Jumbo is ok with my frame but much heavier. It’s nice doubled up on the shoulder and easy to get into when worn like this. However, medium tucks under the arm when being carried by double chain therefore you need to remove from shoulder for access.

I don’t think that I carry as much around with me as I used to.

Personally, I think the jumbo is too big and boxy for me at 5'4", but I like having bags in a variety of sizes depending on the occasion and what I need to carry. Do you reach for your medium flaps more often than the jumbo?
I’ve only just found the second medium in my fave colour combination.
Jumbo was only ever high days and holidays but tbh .... I don’t necessarily need a big bag for these days.
Another advantage of the jumbo is that my phone slips into outside back pocket, which is much smaller on the lovely and light medium flap.

Reactions: resplendent
Another advantage of the jumbo is that my phone slips into outside back pocket, which is much smaller on the lovely and light medium flap.
I experienced this when I used to own a Reissue in 226 size (the "jumbo" reissue)! I did like that handy big back pocket, and also used it to hold my small phones in.

However, the bag itself (crumpled calfskin) was heavy when full and the bare metal reissue chains dug in so I had to let it go. Regret not getting it in the 225 size as it was otherwise one of my favorite bags.

I'm trying to compensate by looking at other small-medium bags with larger back pockets (about to whip out my wallet soon for a YSL?), and periodically checking every new season whether Chanel has come out with a seasonal camera bag I love.

Reactions: beaver232
So, I have three bags and would like to narrow it down to two.

Do you think that would I get more use out of two medium flaps with different leather and hardware or two different sized bags with the same leather and hardware? ( medium and jumbo flap)

So black has always been my favourite but am I limiting my options by keeping both sizes in exactly the same hardware and leather combination or limiting my options with two bags of the same size?

I do have a woc also.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Easier if you have photos of those bags?