Where's the best place to sell used handbags?

I'm afraid of ebay myself. I have sold bags at a local consignment store (50%), with Fashionphile on ebay (30%), and I have a few items with Ann's Fabulous Finds right now, who takes 40%. I also have some items on craigslist, but so far, no success stories yet.

If you are a member of the Makeupalley forums, they have a fashion swap yahoo group that you can join. Generally its best if you already have some swap tokens under your username there, though.

I've never tried consignment, but I know some people have great luck with it!

Also, no need to be scared of ebay, just have some sort of policy clearly stated where you will not accept bids from users with 0 or negative feedback unless they email you first or something.

I'm intrigued. What is Makeupalley forumes and how does one join?

Hi, bumping this thread rather than start a new one. My ? is has anyone any experience selling thru either annsfabulous finds or realdealcollection? Wondering if the prices are hiked up? I have a bag and thought it might be easier than seling on ebay

There is a newer selling forum called "Authentic Luxury" - their motto is 100% authentic all of the time. Its a very reputable place.
There is an application form to fill out, but once you are accepted I believe people are having tremendous success there!

I own many handbags -- Coach, Dooney and Bourke, Prada, Francesco Biasia, etc., that I no longer want. They are barely used -- maybe used once or twice at the most -- and are stored in their original dust covers, inside their own closet, in a smoke-free house. I am trying to downsize -- getting rid of things that I don't use in preparation for retirement. I see a lot of purses on EBay but don't know if people will pay good money for these purses. Some of my smaller purses I've start giving away as gifts because they have never been used. I would like to try to sell the rest but would like to get some advise from my fellow purse lovers. Thanks in advance and I would appreciate your thoughts in this matter.:girlsigh:

You have to do your research and see what they might sell for on eBay and be realistic about what they are worth.

There's alot of information on the eBay forum so have a look there

Its just a thought but have you considered selling them for a charity close to your heart. Maybe you could get together with women in your neighbourhood a have a glamorous auction. Best wishes for your retirement.

If you were to put them on ebay, I would advise a $.99 opening bid & no reserve just to let the market take them where they should go.
I think folks are more likely to bid if they get to "chase" the bag.
Good luck with retirement!