Where's my dust bag???!!!

xoxomandylyn

♥
May 24, 2008
Okay so not too long ago my fiance and I went back to Tannersville outlets to return some things that I got on my explosive first trip there, and a white leather bag (not sure what it is called, it's identical to the leather lunch totes, only wider, and not as tall...) and they were really cheap for leather bags... I want to say maybe 190? So anyway, I had to get one, so I got that and got credit back on my credit card for the rest of my returns.

Anyway, I put it in my closet and momentarily forgot about it because I was so busy moving things out to his new apartment in Pittsburgh, but this past week I got it out to admire it and opened it up...

There's no dustbag in it!

What gives??? Anyone else ever get a bag from an outlet that didn't have a dustbag??? I'm really particular about keeping my bags in their dust bags at all times when not in use, so this is really upsetting to me, haha. Can I get a dust bag from somewhere for free? I certainly don't want to have to pay for one, I thought all the bags were supposed to come with one. :shrugs:

If it was a made for outlet bag, they don't come with dustbags. Handbags that come with dustbags at the outlet are the ones that were from the boutique.

Huh, I never knew that. Every single bag I got from the outlet my first time there (only been two times) had a dust bag inside of it.

Thanks for the warning!

Maybe I can snag a dust bag for cheap off of ebay sometime?

I got a made for outlet bag that didn't have a dust bag. I asked the cashier, and she said if the bag comes with a dust bag, it would be inside the bag. I checked all of the other ones that were out, and none of them had one, so that model didn't get a dust bag.

I had the same thing happen to me at an outlet. Except I realized and checked for a dust bag on the way back to the car. When I realized I did not get one, I ran back into the store and told them they forgot to put the dust bag in. The SA told me that if it did not come with one in it, then there wasn't one and that there was nothing she could do about it. I know that style came with a dust bag because my sister had bought the same bag a few months earlier at the boutique (black sig ergo tote with patent leather trim). So I called JAX when I got home and told them that I did not receive a dust bag for one of my purses. They told me that in order for them to send one, they needed a record of the transaction either from an phone /online order with them or at a boutique purchase. Long story short, I finally got a dust bag for that purse, after a little rule-bending but it was tough. Now I always check before I purchase the bag... I'm sorry this happened to you :sad: I know how you feel.

I was at the outlets last weekend looking at a particular purse, and noticed it didn't have a dustbag inside of it. I don't mind leaving my purses out of their dustbags so it didn't really bother me. I asked one of the SA's later if they had any more of that particular purse in their back room that didn't have the leather scuffed up and they brought me out what seemed to be a fresh new one, never touched, with a nice dustbag inside of it! I think what may be happening is that when someone doesn't find a dustbag in a purse they're interested in, they take one out of another bag and stuff it in theirs.

^I bet a lot of people do do that, that's a good point.

It doesn't bother me enough to call or return the bag or anything, I just really try to take ridiculously good care of my bags. For now what I can do is put the dustbag of whatever bag I am using currently on that bag, and so on and so forth, until I can snag a dustbag from somewhere. I do like to keep a dustbag in the bag that I am carrying, though, just in case. (Yeah, I am that ridiculous... haha.) It just seems to me that most accidents to bags happen when they aren't even on you... at least that's how it seems for me. So I try to keep them covered when they are not with me.

I'm definitely checking from now on to make sure the bags I get have them though!!!!!!

Yeah that happens to me when i buy a bag at the outlet. It usually doesn't have the dustbags, so i just go to my nearest boutique and just ask for one. They always give me an extra so i have quite a few dustbags laying around haha. Just ask your boutique for one, they might have extras.

Use a pillowcase in a pinch.

Ita, it works like a charm. I had a camel suede bag that had no dustbag and I always stored it in a soft creme color pillowcase. I also found that I didn't have to worry about color tranfer on the light colored suede that way so now I actually prefer storing my other suede bag that way too.