Where to Sell LV Bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva14

O.G.
May 15, 2012
I have a few LV bags that are basically in brand-new condition, meaning that I haven't really used them much at all.

I bought a few of the LV multicolor Murakami bags a few years back. I love the styles and the craftsmanship, but they have that 'naked' (untreated) leather, so the slightest bit of rain, water, or perspiration leaves an indelible mark.

I think the bags sit in my closet because I'm afraid to ruin their 'mint' condition.

I'm thinking it would probably be wisest to just sell these bags, since I don't really use them.

Where is a good place to sell or consign LV bags in excellent condition? (I'm guessing avoid eBay, because these bags are pretty expensive?). I have a white MC Sologne and a white MC Boulogne. I also have an LV monogrammed bag from the Cherry Blossom collection, limited edition, I believe.

These are definitely worth over $500 and possibly up to $1,000. Some sellers ask even more than 1k, but they are sellers who specialize in LV and sell full-time. I'm just a small-time seller.

I'm trying to avoid some of the headaches that come with selling expensive designer bags on eBay. I don't want a 'renter' to ruin the bag or leave it reeking of smoke. And all of the scammers out there scare me. Can anyone please recommend good places to consign such bags?

Is Luxury Exchange a good possibility? Fashionphile? Yoogi's? I know a few of these names, but I've never consigned items to them before. Thanks for any advice!

I have sold to Fashionphile and listed on Shop-Hers. I had very positive experiences with both websites and would recommended them. Shop-Hers charges 18% commission, but you list your own item and set your price accordingly. Once your item sells, you send it to them, they authenticate it and then send it to the buyer. I have requested quotes from Yoogis but was disappointed with the lowball offers. I have not listed with Anns Fabulous Finds yet, but was very impressed with the prompt response to my email request and the amount of the offer. Good luck!

I've sold to Bag, Borrow or Steal and they purchased outright.

I first sent them pictures for them to determine whether it was somehting they wanted to consider.

They followed with an approximate price based on seeing it in person, for which they sent a prepaid shipping label.

Once they received my package, they got back to me with the price they would pay and if I declined, they would have returned the bag to me.

It cost me nothing out of pocket and their purchase price was actually more than I'd have netted had the bag sold on my ebay and Bonz listings after FVF, PP and shipping costs..

I have sold to Fashionphile and listed on Shop-Hers. I had very positive experiences with both websites and would recommended them. Shop-Hers charges 18% commission, but you list your own item and set your price accordingly. Once your item sells, you send it to them, they authenticate it and then send it to the buyer. I have requested quotes from Yoogis but was disappointed with the lowball offers. I have not listed with Anns Fabulous Finds yet, but was very impressed with the prompt response to my email request and the amount of the offer. Good luck!

I have only sold to Yoogis. They provide a fast, easy, and reliable service, but I agree with the lowball offers. I found out that one of my purses went on sale for over 3x of what I had received for it. I never heard of 'Shop-Hers', but it sounds like a good option.

I've sold to Bag, Borrow or Steal and they purchased outright.

I first sent them pictures for them to determine whether it was somehting they wanted to consider.

They followed with an approximate price based on seeing it in person, for which they sent a prepaid shipping label.

Once they received my package, they got back to me with the price they would pay and if I declined, they would have returned the bag to me.

It cost me nothing out of pocket and their purchase price was actually more than I'd have netted had the bag sold on my ebay and Bonz listings after FVF, PP and shipping costs..

I'll try 'Bag, Borrow or Steal' next time.

Shop-hers is good for avoiding hassles and they are in Santa Monica so if you're in California shipping to them would be quick and easy.

Fashionphile is also in California but their quotes for LV items do vary. I do think you can drop bags off directly at their detail locations, too, if that is more convenient for you.

I'd get quotes from several decent places to compare (factoring in any shipping costs and money transfer fees involved and the speed and convenience of the service).

To me Yoogi's service is the best but their offers are often the lowest. Fashionphile is OK. If you list on Shop-Hers you keep the highest % of the sale price but you might have to wait a while for a buyer to come along.

Hi! As you can imagine this is asked nearly everyday. . . people wanting to know where to sell their high end bags. Please always search first, there is a really helpful thread in General Shopping to start.

:ty:

Status
Not open for further replies.