WHERE TO: Repair, Restore, Reunvinate your Chloe

I don't do anything to my Chloes. I think "less is more" if you know what I mean.:graucho: The leather is fine all on it's own, but if it's in bad shape, then I would think that Barbara's products would be trustworthy. :yes: Go to lovinmybags.com and check out her stuff. I have never needed to use any products so far, (since she did the rehab on my bag and all my other bags are in mint condition) but I would trust her completely. Also, I do NOT carry a pen in my handbag, nor do I EVER put my bag on a counter in a store, restaurant, etc. or ANYWHERE near where anyone would be using a pen....a pen mark is lethal! :cursing: LOL!!! I see sales clerks shove pens across the counters all the time, and if your bag, or wallet, is anywhere near there UGH!....horrors!:hysteric:
Good luck:smile:

Thanks for the info Beanie - I shall remember the pens as I carry a few around with me. I have one of those Pursekets :tup:in my bag to keep everything organised so only my purse comes in contact with my actual bag. OK thats the theory:rolleyes: ;)

I live in a region of Western Australia where my beautiful Paddy will be exposed to 40C alot of the time and am thinking that it could dry out if not occasionally nourished. I would rather not wait to find out whether its leather will be ok or not. We have a leather lounge suite which is now 17 years plus old and every 6 months I "feed" it and it is in great condition. It has the luxury of being in airconditioning as opposed to my bag which will be with me in the warm!!:sweatdrop:

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you need ANYTHING done for your Chloes, lovinmybags.com is absolute perfection! :tup: I sent them an '05 medium craie paddy that I bought on ebay which was in very good condition, but not quite brand new looking, and Barbara at lovinmybags.com put it into BRAND NEW, MINT condition! It had some small smudges and just some normal wear, but I wanted it to look pristine and have that "just from the store" look and feel. :P She is amazing! Lots of you have asked about where to go for Chloe cleaning, stain removal, etc. THIS IS THE PLACE! Very reasonable too! It was under $200 to have my Chloe done and I was floored when I took her out of the box and saw she was stunning and perfect! This is the second bag I have had "done." Barbara took a stray ink mark out of my '05 tan large travel paddy, (another ebay find) and that one is gorgeous now as well! Just passing the word along: Barbara is delightful and gives each bag her special attention. :yes: If you have anything that needs work, this is the place! You can also call them before you send your handbag, and she will discuss your options, or you can send them your bag and then call after they receive it. It's like a miracle to have a Chloe that looks worn, or has smudges, and then put into perfect shape! :yahoo:

Man I trust you on this one. I have to safe this link, unfortunately the day WILL COME when this type of service will be needed.

It's also a fabulous tip for used Ebay items that you may hesitate to purchase because of wear. THANKS BEANIE!!!!!!!

Wow, thanks for this info. I have a tan loaf paddington I picked up on ebay a few weeks ago, and it's not in very good shape. (It's by no means awful, but I have really high standards and am super picky.) I've been trying to figure out what to do, and I was even thinking of parting with the bag because I just don't like wearing it in its current less than great condition.... but I think I'll just try having her cleaned up.

You may have saved me a lot of grief... I used to have a tan loaf, and I sold it a couple of years ago and have missed it ever since. So I was excited to find another one on eBay for a decent price, but then crushed when it showed up looking more used than I had expected. So thanks a lot!

Wow, thanks for this info. I have a tan loaf paddington I picked up on ebay a few weeks ago, and it's not in very good shape. (It's by no means awful, but I have really high standards and am super picky.) I've been trying to figure out what to do, and I was even thinking of parting with the bag because I just don't like wearing it in its current less than great condition.... but I think I'll just try having her cleaned up.

You may have saved me a lot of grief... I used to have a tan loaf, and I sold it a couple of years ago and have missed it ever since. So I was excited to find another one on eBay for a decent price, but then crushed when it showed up looking more used than I had expected. So thanks a lot!
Because of the type of leather that Chloe uses, they do REALLY, REALLY well on restoration of color and/or cleaning. I was a bit worried about the craie, since it's such a light color, but Barbara worked her "magic" and it is gorgeous. :tup:
As far as buying on ebay, I am very, very careful and usually only buy brand new bags, from sellers I know and trust, however, because I like the older leather from '05 and '06 the best, it's often difficult to find brand new ones that have never been worn. :graucho: The large tan "travel" sized paddy from '05 was from a PF'r that had never even noticed the stray ink mark, (it was small, but it was THERE!) and I decided that because the rest of the bag was really lovely, it was worthwhile to restore it to it's previous new condition:smile: The craie was also from a PF'r that had rarely worn it, (it was really in pretty good condition, but as I said, it didn't look new anymore :nogood: and had light smudges that I could not get out.) Light bags are hard to keep pristine. I knew that Barbara would be able to do a great job on her, since she did so well on the tan one, but you know, until you SEE it, it's hard to believe it could be perfect :shrugs:...in any case, I'm glad to "pass the word." :yahoo:

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you need ANYTHING done for your Chloes, lovinmybags.com is absolute perfection! :tup: I sent them an '05 medium craie paddy that I bought on ebay which was in very good condition, but not quite brand new looking, and Barbara at lovinmybags.com put it into BRAND NEW, MINT condition! It had some small smudges and just some normal wear, but I wanted it to look pristine and have that "just from the store" look and feel. :P She is amazing! Lots of you have asked about where to go for Chloe cleaning, stain removal, etc. THIS IS THE PLACE! Very reasonable too! It was under $200 to have my Chloe done and I was floored when I took her out of the box and saw she was stunning and perfect! This is the second bag I have had "done." Barbara took a stray ink mark out of my '05 tan large travel paddy, (another ebay find) and that one is gorgeous now as well! Just passing the word along: Barbara is delightful and gives each bag her special attention. :yes: If you have anything that needs work, this is the place! You can also call them before you send your handbag, and she will discuss your options, or you can send them your bag and then call after they receive it. It's like a miracle to have a Chloe that looks worn, or has smudges, and then put into perfect shape! :yahoo:

I'm glad to hear that you restoration worked out well...again. After you shared your first experience with them I've tried contacting them twice (via e-mail) and haven't received a reply yet. I was rather disappointed as it has been 1 month since I sent the e-mail.

I don't recall seeing a contact number for them on their site. Can you share their number or point me in the right direction? I've been trying to get some wear on my Rouge Edith restored.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

MJ

I'm glad to hear that you restoration worked out well...again. After you shared your first experience with them I've tried contacting them twice (via e-mail) and haven't received a reply yet. I was rather disappointed as it has been 1 month since I sent the e-mail.

I don't recall seeing a contact number for them on their site. Can you share their number or point me in the right direction? I've been trying to get some wear on my Rouge Edith restored.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

MJ

Here's their numbers off the website: office number- 905-257-2943, and the cell number is: 416-407-6024
When you call them, be aware that they're in California so there may be a time difference:smile: They have a message machine and I have never had a problem with them getting back to me:smile: :tup:

:cry: help! i just noticed today that i'm missing one of the little feet off the bottom of my paddy...apparently chloe is horrible with repairs (or so i read from this forum). does anyone know where i can get another one?? or where i should go to get it fixed? there's just a sad little hole with an imprinted circle where it should be...

:cry: help! i just noticed today that i'm missing one of the little feet off the bottom of my paddy...apparently chloe is horrible with repairs (or so i read from this forum). does anyone know where i can get another one?? or where i should go to get it fixed? there's just a sad little hole with an imprinted circle where it should be...

(First let me say that I sympathize! I lost one of the snap rivets on a silverado and had to have her repaired! She's perfect again, but I know the feeling!! :cursing: )

Call your nearest Chloe boutique and ask them if they will send it out for you. They usually won't charge for this, but if they give you a hard time, I would offer to pay for the repair. If that doesn't work, then ask them where you should send it. There is a place in New York City that does the Chloe repairs and the guy that I have talked to is "Luis." They do this all the time and they will ship the handbag back to you when it is finished. The place that the Chloe boutique sent my bag to is:
SHOE SERVICE PLUS
15 West 55th Street
New York, New York 10019
Telephone number: 212-262-4823
This is the place that the Chloe boutique would send your bag to, unless it's a major, major thing and then I suppose it would go back to the factory. But a bottom "foot" wouldn't be in that catagory...I think they would handle that quite nicely. Be sure you send it with tracking and insured and that they send it back the same way. I am assuming that you could pay them with a credit card to facilitate this. The manager at the NY boutique was "Megan" when I had my Chloe done...she was just "okay" about it, but got a little irritated because I had two that needed repair, (one a zipper replacement) and I didn't buy my Chloes there. In any case, that's the only place I know of for a perfect repair job. They have all the rivets, zippers, etc that are the same as the Chloe factory...Good luck:smile::tup:

(First let me say that I sympathize! I lost one of the snap rivets on a silverado and had to have her repaired! She's perfect again, but I know the feeling!! :cursing: )

Call your nearest Chloe boutique and ask them if they will send it out for you. They usually won't charge for this, but if they give you a hard time, I would offer to pay for the repair. If that doesn't work, then ask them where you should send it. There is a place in New York City that does the Chloe repairs and the guy that I have talked to is "Luis." They do this all the time and they will ship the handbag back to you when it is finished. The place that the Chloe boutique sent my bag to is:
SHOE SERVICE PLUS
15 West 55th Street
New York, New York 10019
Telephone number: 212-262-4823
This is the place that the Chloe boutique would send your bag to, unless it's a major, major thing and then I suppose it would go back to the factory. But a bottom "foot" wouldn't be in that catagory...I think they would handle that quite nicely. Be sure you send it with tracking and insured and that they send it back the same way. I am assuming that you could pay them with a credit card to facilitate this. The manager at the NY boutique was "Megan" when I had my Chloe done...she was just "okay" about it, but got a little irritated because I had two that needed repair, (one a zipper replacement) and I didn't buy my Chloes there. In any case, that's the only place I know of for a perfect repair job. They have all the rivets, zippers, etc that are the same as the Chloe factory...Good luck:smile::tup:

Beanie you are such an asset to this forum with a plethora of valuable information. How can I save this thread???:heart:

I have had such wonderful advice and counsel from my PF "sisters" that I am more than happy to contribute in any way when I can! You are all terrific and it's great to share our stories, (good and bad!) feelings, longings, and addictions :nuts: with each other! I have two very good friends, but they are not "into" the handbag thing and this is where I go to unveil my real self with my "soul sisters!" I have learned so much from all of you, if I can help another "sister" it's my pleasure to do so! :woohoo: