Where to purchase handbag display?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys,

I just wonder if anyone knows where to get a nice, sturdy handbag display for pic taking. I am currently have a family member holding the bags for me when taking a shot but I want to start doing on my own. It's more time convenience for me.

TIA!:smile:

2. Maybe a site like craigslist might have people giving away such things or selling them for a reduced cost in your area? Maybe store went out of business?

3. I display them on the shoulder of a mannequin, or hang them from a wrought iron coat rack. Pier 1 has some nice wrought iron hooks you can hang on the wall. I've seen people hang them from door knobs too:smile:

4. bunnymasseuse: I checked craigslist and none is selling or giving away. I know few places carrying it but it is quite expensive. It costs almost $40 including shipping. :nuts: But thanks for your reply.:heart:

bellafleur: I don't own a mannequin. Maybe I should ask my.. ....husband to become one and hang bags from his shoulder. Live model and no need to buy any display. Hhehe...Just k/d.:P. I know there are many options that I can hang the handbags from, doorknob or wrought iron coat rack as you have mentioned. It just I love a more professional pic looking like those I see from website or catalogue. Thank you very much for your reply though.

5. Gotcha:smile: Here's another more professional suggestion:smile: I have one of these Smith Victor Light Tent Kits that comes with a collapsible tent that you can string fishing line in to hold up the handles of your bags. And it also comes with two fluorescent photography lights that create a true white light for your products. I thought it was a great deal for $100!

402049 Smith Victor ImageMaker, Fluorescent Light Tent Kit.

6. I use invisible fishing line to make mine look like they are floating....

7. bellafleur: I have a "home-made" tent as well :smile:. It costs me about $25-$30 to make it. It is cool to use them for small items but for handbags, the tent is a bit small. What size is your tent? Could you post one or two pics of your handbag taken? If the lighting and everything look gook, I might order one too.

JetSetGo!: Last night I was thinking to use the fishing line. But again, I must have someone to hold the line, right? :sad: And I just want to find ways that I could be able to take pic by myself without bugging another person.

8. Yeah, you do need a hook.:flowers:

9. I see...Where can I buy the hook though? Does Walmart carry it? Thanks