Where to go! Help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm new on the purse forum. I've just moved to San Francisco from Paris. Excuse me if I make spelling mistakes.
    I have a vintage CHANEL bag that was offered to me by a friend. I'd like to know when it was made. I tried the Chanel boutique in San Francisco but the person who might be able to give me information was in paris for a few weeks. I am probably going to go back there and see her in 2 weeks but she might not know. Where else can I go?
    The bag looks like a 2.55, it's black leather, "matelassé", with a tassel.

2. If you only want to know when it was made, then hopefully there is a serial number on the hologram sticker inside the bag or on the authenticity card. That way you can estimate in which year the bag was produced. Other experts can jump in on this.

3. Thank you for your answer but I don't have the authenticity card! And the bag seems to date from before 1985 so I don't have the bag number inside! At the chanel boutique they seem to be sure its an authentic chanel bag but they have no idea of what year its was made in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.