Workplace Where to go from here?

You could also take a short term/temporary assignment as you build your consultancy business in parallel. You sound ready for a challenge, why not be the primary beneficiary of your own hard work and innovation? I don't know what part of the industry you're most skilled, but as an operator, I can tell you its never been harder to find skilled workers who want to work hard. If you can find them, retaining them, is a whole other challenge. Integrating progressively skilled HR people makes all the difference to a profitable efficient operation. If you can add value to an industry ripe for its own type of disruption, why not you?

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently in a one year contract position so I've set the goal to have my own business by the time I'm done. I can't say what it's done for my mood and state of mind to even just set that goal. I love your comment because I was thinking about focusing my business somewhere along the lines of disrupting traditional HR!

The more I think about it, the more I realize that the other job wasn't for me. I thought it was, but it would have been a temporary fix. I think not getting it is actually the motivation I have needed for a long time to do something different!

i think it's very enjoyable for most people if their incomes don't depend on it...based on my experience. but it's just not very glamorous nor that enjoyable for people who do it for a living. i didn't mean to come off negative...but i do have a tendency to discourage ppl from doing this for a living...bc it's just not that rewarding.
It would be my worst nightmare to renovate homes for a living! That's why I have only bought new homes! LOL!

Reactions: juneping