Where to get oak Bays?

TheaBerry

May 21, 2009
Hi everyone!
(And good luck to Hula on the big day tomorrow, lucky you:yahoo:)

I've recently been thinking of getting my all time favourite bag, the Bays in oak. A bit sooner than I had thought, but you all know how it feel when you can't wait to get the bag. I'm okay with finances, so I'm thinking; why not?:graucho:

Now I'm wondering where the best place to get it would be?
Never mind me living in Norway..
UK? Outlets in UK? Norway? Sweden?
If I got in abroad I'd get the taxfree shopping!

There was a thread here asking if Bays Oak shows up in outlets, but I doubt it, as it is a classic?

Where did you girls get your Bays from?

Now I regret not getting the Bays from Mywarderobe when they had it on sale:shame:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Thea, thank you for thinking of me!

My wardrobe still has them, but not on sale.

They do also pop up in the outlets but you have to be quick as they are probably not there very long.

Hi there, and congrats on your decision to get an oak bays, I'm sure you won't regret it! :biggrin: I got mine at House of Fraser, a department store here in UK, unfortunately for full price...but as it's a classic, I am not regretting it. You could try eBay as there are a few trusted Mulberry sellers on there - depends if you want brand new or second hand also?

Good luck!

Got mine from one of our trusted excellent sellers (thanks!) in pristine condition! Without tags but also without the slightest sign of use. I am in Sweden by the way:smile:.

I got mine from the one and only mulberrymad. My Bays was pre-loved with a lovely patina, which is great for me as I hate babying oak bags!

Good luck with your search!

So it seems buying either pre-loved or brand new are the two most likely options!?

I think I'd prefer getting a new one, but I don't want to pay more than I necessary. Which means that getting one from Scandinavia is pretty much ruled out. (Maybe the taxfree shopping advantage helps, if I got it in Sweden?)

Haven't checked the Norwegian price, but in Sweden they're selling Bays at approximately £150 more than in the UK!! Anyone from Sweden here to confirm that? Mymlan? Phoned Stockholm today, but have forgotten what they told me:Push:

I might have to wait till January to get it from the UK - when I guess I'd be going anyway! Since the UK price is so much more likable and I'd get the tax free shopping!:tup:

But I really would love to get "my" bag home:drool::angel:
Maybe 6 months restraining myself will give me self control and greater joy when I get in January? And I'd become a super saver, so that I could get something extra from the sale?

Thanks for the help, ladies :smile:

Can I also ask; Would you say oak Bays is one of your favourites? Do you love and use it as much as it deserves? :sneaky:

I have printed oak bays and it's definitely a favourite but I really want to keep it good too. I like the fact that the printed leather is stiffer. I really don't like the slouchy, collapsed and sometimes dog-eared flap look although I know some people love it. Luckily I got oak A4 in the sale so it takes the brunt on the days I want a big oak bag to knock about with.

Do you have any family/friends that could order and pay here in the UK and send on to you? It must be galling to pay well over the odds.

I do have a couple of friends, but I think buying a Mulberry is a big thing to ask - all though I'd be delighted to do someone that favour :P And I would love to actually buy it myself, just for the buzz!

Have to decide on what I want the most, the buzz or the bag:lol:

I know. It's a lot of money and a lot of trust. Sometimes I look at what Mulberry are charging for postage and I cant believe it.

I go through phases where the buzz is a bigger deal than the bag. Buy it, return it, buy another with another one coming from an online source. Pick one return the other etc etc etc.

Can I also ask; Would you say oak Bays is one of your favourites? Do you love and use it as much as it deserves? :sneaky:
Like Corries2, I have a printed Oak Bays and it is probably my favourite bag. I also like that the printed leather holds a little firmer than the natural.

There's a Mulberry store on Strøget in Copenhagen, right near Kongens Nytorv. It's a big store and they've got a good selection of Bayswaters.

From time to time airlines have heavily discounted fares to London. You could fly in early in the morning and then out again in the afternoon and come home with a Bays - and get it tax free - and also use it an opportunity to do a spot of window shopping at other favourite London stores.