Where to find Phoebe

saabsaab

Feb 13, 2009
I'd really like a Phoebe but only with bronze hardware. I found one in choc on the internet, looked good, but the price did not: 395 British pounds, shipping costs not included. Does anyone know where to find a reasonable priced Phoebe. Or do you think this is a good price after all?

Another vote for lovehandbags - my Emmy and Roxy both came from her and I can vouch for the excellent service. The are 2 phoebe on there at the moment I think... xxx

Thank you ladies! They are, one in olive and one in choc. Does one of you happen to know what the retail price was originally? And also what year the Phoebe was produced?

Beautiful bag, thank you Snowshoe. I had spotted it earlier. Nice combination too, these colours, but I do adore the bronze hardware. So I think I prefer the ones on love handbag.

Thank you ladies! They are, one in olive and one in choc. Does one of you happen to know what the retail price was originally? And also what year the Phoebe was produced?
#
I have the choco with bronze hardware. I bought her new from SM and paid £416 which means she retailed at £595. It was the Autumn /Winter collection 2005/2006. Good luck with your search.

I am sad to say I have never used her much at all, single figures probably. I fell in love with the ad campaign pic and just had to have her. She was my first Mulberry buy and the most expensive bag I'd ever bought. Because of this she became my 'best' bag and I only used her on special occasions. I didn't find her easy to use as she doesn't sit on my shoulder too well. I have, shall we say, generous shoulders! Definitely not over a coat. And also I don't find her the easiest bag to access. Having said all that she is very special because she was my first love. As I've bought more bags she has taken a back seat and been very much neglected. I will have to get her out for the coming season and use her!
IMG_0310_1.jpg

Last edited:
Ah that poor Phoebe. Glad you will take her out next season. If you don't somebody else should :graucho:
Interesting, you bring in another point of view: some ladies have said that Phoebe sits so nicely on the shoulder. And for getting in and out of the bag, there are different opinions. I am not sure what my experiences will be. I am really hoping for an easy bag. I thought Phoebe was such bag, now, after reading your post, I have my doubts.
I do love the looks of the bag though! Big sigh

Last edited:
Ah that poor Phoebe. Glad you will take her out next season. If you don't somebody else should :graucho:
Interesting, you bring in another point of view: some ladies have said that Phoebe sits so nicely on the shoulder. And for getting in and out of the bag, there are different opinions. I am not sure what my experiences will be. I am really hoping for an easy bag. I thought Phoebe was such bag, now, after reading your post, I have my doubts.
I do love the looks of the bag though! Big sigh

I have an oak pre loved Phoebe which I love - it sits perfectly on my shoulder and I love it for mooching around the shops. It's just the right size and light as a feather compared to my beloved overloaded Roxy. It is a teeny bit awkward to get into I must admit but not enough to be a problem.
The one on LHB looks great - it is a choco you are looking for ?

Yes a choc one with bronze hardware! I just looked at a previous tread about how practical a Phoebe is. Just a teeny bit awkward to get in to ... I can live with that. Easily! I do not own one of the long Mulberry purses (yet) so that problem is solved as well.
Phoebe is such a beautiful bag. Mulberry should have it on their site next to their other classics.