Where to find dresses for work?

purseonal

Aug 7, 2009
So I normally wear pants to work, but I decided that I want to incorporate dresses into my wardrobe this year. Does anyone have suggestions on where to find dresses that would be appropriate for a business casual environment without making me look matronly? I'm 29 yrs old and basically sit in a cubicle all day. Most people I work with are pretty blah with what they wear, so I don't want to look too over-dressed. Also, I don't have a problem spending money for quality, but since I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the dress idea, I don't want to be shelling out major money at first. At the same time, don't want cheap dresses that don't fit/hang well.

Theory, Burberry, and JCrew...I think it's easier to wear dresses during late spring, summer and early fall to work. Even with tights and a long coat, it's too cold for me to wear a dress during late fall, winter and early spring. I get cold really really easily. Have you thought about skirts too? You could incorporate that into your wardrobe with existing tops/sweaters. Some items from DVF and Loeffler Randall could work as well.

TJMaxx has some names for discount prices.

I second that, along with Marshall's. I have found some really basic well made Calvin Klein work dresses for $40-50. Banana Republic outlet is a good one too, especially when they have sales. I wear my dresses with the Assets tights from Target in the ultra opaque, they are heavier than the Hue ultra opaques. Do you have a basic black pencil skirt?