Where to find dresses for work?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I normally wear pants to work, but I decided that I want to incorporate dresses into my wardrobe this year. Does anyone have suggestions on where to find dresses that would be appropriate for a business casual environment without making me look matronly? I'm 29 yrs old and basically sit in a cubicle all day. Most people I work with are pretty blah with what they wear, so I don't want to look too over-dressed. Also, I don't have a problem spending money for quality, but since I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the dress idea, I don't want to be shelling out major money at first. At the same time, don't want cheap dresses that don't fit/hang well.

2. I think sheath or wrap dresses would work well for work. Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, J.Crew, Banana Republic has some cute ones.

Good luck with your search!

3. DVF - perfect to dress up or down

4. i think theory have dresses....CK has very nice tailored dresses...
    theory is okay price...CK can be pricey but worth the money.

5. I love banana republic and j crew and ann taylor loft

6. Theory, Burberry, and JCrew...I think it's easier to wear dresses during late spring, summer and early fall to work. Even with tights and a long coat, it's too cold for me to wear a dress during late fall, winter and early spring. I get cold really really easily. Have you thought about skirts too? You could incorporate that into your wardrobe with existing tops/sweaters. Some items from DVF and Loeffler Randall could work as well.

7. BCBG Max Azria

8. TJMaxx has some names for discount prices.

I don't know if Talbot's is your style or not.

9. Zara!!

10. I second that, along with Marshall's. I have found some really basic well made Calvin Klein work dresses for $40-50. Banana Republic outlet is a good one too, especially when they have sales. I wear my dresses with the Assets tights from Target in the ultra opaque, they are heavier than the Hue ultra opaques. Do you have a basic black pencil skirt?

11. Thanks for all the great answers! It was 70 degrees here last week, so I think that's why I'm thinking about dresses and spring clothes already.

12. My favorite work dresses are Theory, DVF and Trina Turk.

13. I was going to say Banana Republic, but TJ Maxx is a great idea too. If I want to try out a style/trend, I always go there to find something cheap that I won't feel guilty about ditching if it doesn't work out!

14. Banana Republic, J. Crew, Ann Taylor Loft.

15. J crew!