Where to buy loose gems?

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
I was just looking at Ebay and realized that there are many sellers of loose gems. Does anyone know if there is a list of good Ebay sellers selling loose gems or if there are any other reliable on-line sellers of loose gems?

I was just looking at Ebay and realized that there are many sellers of loose gems. Does anyone know if there is a list of good Ebay sellers selling loose gems or if there are any other reliable on-line sellers of loose gems?

What kind of loose gems are you looking for? Morganite? :graucho:

You have to be careful on ebay. Very often the photos are much nicer than real life. I bought a star sapphire on ebay and it turned out really crappy. Ok, granted, it didn't cost a lot, so I can't complain. What you pay is what you get.

I'm pretty sure you can buy loose gems on Blue Nile, also Brilliant Earth is a favorite of mine because not only are they conflict free but they are also sourced using very high ethical standards. Both offer free return shipping as well.

I have made some reseach and thanks to the link Ascella posted I have been in contact with a gem cutter (Evekitti- yes I am looking for morganites for a pair of earrings) but it seems as if this gem is rarely cut into the specifications I am looking for and to order what I would like to have from a gem cutter would not give me value for money. Anyway my jeweller is looking for it morganite stones for me too and hopefully he can find it for a better price.

I have made some reseach and thanks to the link Ascella posted I have been in contact with a gem cutter (Evekitti- yes I am looking for morganites for a pair of earrings) but it seems as if this gem is rarely cut into the specifications I am looking for and to order what I would like to have from a gem cutter would not give me value for money. Anyway my jeweller is looking for it morganite stones for me too and hopefully he can find it for a better price.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your budget? What specs are you looking for? If you post what your looking for on Pricescope under Colored Stones I'm sure you'd get a lot of help. :biggrin:

I'd agree with the advice to look on Pricescope. The ladies and gents over there are great at helping with the search for a stone, too. Morganites are lovely, I hope you find the perfect stones.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your budget? What specs are you looking for? If you post what your looking for on Pricescope under Colored Stones I'm sure you'd get a lot of help. :biggrin:

I am looking for round morganites (6 mm). I have not been thinking of any budget.

PS. I have posted on Pricescope and have received lots of help but it seems as if most morganite stones are 2 ct and bigger.

I have read of someone called Barry- is he the one with www.acstones.com?