where to buy? europe or u.s?

Kishmee

(.вυттєrflу кiѕѕєѕ~)
O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
Hi ladies,

I did not know where to put this thread so mods, please just move it if you like :smile:

We are getting married this coming April and we're going to Hawaii and then to LA. This is just a short pre-honeymoon trip. Our honeymoon trip is going to be in august. We're going to Thailand, Australia, Fiji and Philippines! :yahoo:

Now my question is where the best place to buy a chanel bag? i have been wanting one for soooo long now but keep postponing it. I want a black caviar, gold hardware. Not the biggest size? i think it's the jumbo? Can you ladies help me out? thanks so much

Where is your home country?

Where I come from which is Asia, Europe would be cheapest followed by USA.

It's generally more expensive in Asia as well as Australia.

Thus, your best bet would be USA.

It would be good to check out the prices in different countries in the Current worldwide prices thread in this sub forum.

thanks for responding!
I live in Holland and Jumbo Caviar gold hardware is around 2000 euro here.
How much is it in US (L.A)? I read that it's 2.995 us dollars? Is this correct? wooooww? that's like 240 euros extra?.... but i'll be getting the VAT back right?

I'm soo sorry for the newbie questions, i'm new to chanel. I'm usually in the V section haha. When i called the Chanel boutique here in Amsterdam the lady said that the jumbo is the bigggest they have?...but i read here on the forum that jumbo xl is the biggest? It's confusing.

I want to have THIS Chanel:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/credit-card-fail-shame-my-first-chanel-481012.html

*pics are from SuzanneVuitton*

Congrats!!Sounds like u're honeymoons gonna be an interesting one! ;) Anyway,it's cheaper to get it in Europe coz u get VAT back whilst in US u have to pay tax on top of the price of the bag.If u decide to get it in US,u should consider getting it in Hawaii coz the tax is lower there than other States in US :smile:

thanks for responding!
I live in Holland and Jumbo Caviar gold hardware is around 2000 euro here.
How much is it in US (L.A)? I read that it's 2.995 us dollars? Is this correct? wooooww? that's like 240 euros extra?.... but i'll be getting the VAT back right?

You won't get any VAT back when buying from US. We don't have such scheme here. The price of a jumbo in US is $2995 and it's before tax is added. Sale tax rate differs from one state to another (and many times for different counties as well) and the last I heard, sale tax for California was past 9%, making the total price well over $3200.

Since you are in Holland, it would cost you much less to just order one from Amsterdam boutique than getting one in US or any part of Asia.