Where to buy? Duty free in leaving the States?

Jan 23, 2009
I am so bummed I was about to buy the Neverfull MM in monogram at $875 AUD but it can't be purchased online in Oz so I put off calling by phone and the next thing I know its gone up $105. Not Happy Jan!

I have two other options one to buy it in NZ in a few weeks as I am travelling there but it appears to be the same price anyway.

Or I am heading for Honolulu in 7 weeks time and it looks like the US price is still $850 USD. Not sure I can wait that long :P and I'm wondering if the price is about to go up anyway?

I know if I buy it here in OZ I can get the tax off it when I leave the country through the Tourist refund system but does anyone know if I wait till I go to the States if there is a way to get the tax off my purchase on the way out of the country?

I am so bummed I was about to buy the Neverfull MM in monogram at $875 AUD but it can't be purchased online in Oz so I put off calling by phone and the next thing I know its gone up $105. Not Happy Jan!

I have two other options one to buy it in NZ in a few weeks as I am travelling there but it appears to be the same price anyway.

Or I am heading for Honolulu in 7 weeks time and it looks like the US price is still $850 USD. Not sure I can wait that long :P and I'm wondering if the price is about to go up anyway?

I know if I buy it here in OZ I can get the tax off it when I leave the country through the Tourist refund system but does anyone know if I wait till I go to the States if there is a way to get the tax off my purchase on the way out of the country?
Ok well there were no replies so I googled and googled and it seems there is no sale tax refund in Hawaii so I am ordering it today :smile: :smile: and will take the bag with me to NZ and get the tax refund when leaving oz.