where to buy clip-on/screwback earrings?

mewt

O.G.
Apr 18, 2011
I don't have earholes and I don't really want any (scared/etc hahha), but I still like the look of earrings! I only know claire's and ardene's makes earrings for earhole-less people, but those are all low-quality and uncomfortable. does anyone know where I could buy higher quality clip-on or screwback earrings (well, other than ebay or etsy)? TIA!

oooh thank you! I had no idea tiffany's made clip-ons. that's a start, but do you know where I could get more variety? you know, more color, fun stuff, sparkly stuff? :P

^^ My stepmother has a HUGE collection of really amazing pieces. What she usually does is finds earrings that she loves and then has them converted to clip ons.

thank youuuu! I'm glad I don't have to buck down and get my ears pierced after all, lots of options out there! :biggrin: yay! I'm going to keep looking. I did not know you can convert regular earrings to clip-ons, either! I guess any regular jeweler would do it, right? I'll ask a nearby one about that.

My grandmother didn't believe in pierced ears (nice girls don't put holes in their bodies) and had lots of very expensive high quality pieces converted to screw backs. Then she lost some expensive diamond earrings and changed her mind.

Most earrings can be converted to screw backs. I would be careful about having expensive earrings converted or would make sure to have them insured.

LOL! :lolots: it's not that I think anything about 'nice girls' or whatever, but I'm just terrified of possible complications (such as keloids--I might be prone to them, as I got one from a regular needle vaccine! I got rid of it surgically and luckily it hasn't come back, but it was an ugly experience). also the fact that earholes tend to elongate and become 'slit-like' with age and wear, right?

^^ I think that the elongating only happens when you wear heavy earrings day after day. I've had holes for 24 years that look the same as when they were pierced. I just wear studs every day, though.

LOL! :lolots: it's not that I think anything about 'nice girls' or whatever, but I'm just terrified of possible complications (such as keloids--I might be prone to them, as I got one from a regular needle vaccine! I got rid of it surgically and luckily it hasn't come back, but it was an ugly experience). also the fact that earholes tend to elongate and become 'slit-like' with age and wear, right?

There are pairs of earrings that have gone through so many changes :lol: My grandma finally abandoned her 'nice girl' ways at almost 50 years old (after some expensive loses) and had her favorite earrings converted to pierced. She died shortly after and my mother got all of her jewelry. My father's family also believed subscribed to, "nice girls don't pierce their ears" so my mother didn't have pierced ears. My mom had all of my grandma's earrings converted back into screw backs. Finally when I hit 16 I insisted on getting my ears pierced and told my mom I was sick of the women in my family dropping our heirlooms in the street so she better follow my example. At 45 my mom got her ears pierced and again things were converted to posts. Anyone who wants to wear our family earrings is going to have to pierce their ears because I'm not letting them get converted again.

My mother and I had our dermatologist pierce our ears. It was painless and extremely sanitary. The doctor measured to make sure everything was lined up. If you do eventually decide to pierce your ears I suggest having a trusted dermatologist do it rather than going to the mall.

dermatologist!! now that's an idea. I was only thinking tattoo parlors, haha. I don't have a trusted dermatologist, unfortunately, never did have anything about my skin I needed to get looked at. hmmmm now to seek one out! do you think I can find a dermatologist JUST for getting my ears pierced? lol!!

dermatologist!! now that's an idea. I was only thinking tattoo parlors, haha. I don't have a trusted dermatologist, unfortunately, never did have anything about my skin I needed to get looked at. hmmmm now to seek one out! do you think I can find a dermatologist JUST for getting my ears pierced? lol!!

Absolutely! It's a good chance to get to know a derm so that if you do decide you need your skin looked at in the future you already have someone you trust. I'd ask friends who they use for their skin needs (wrinkles, acne, skin tags, moles, etc).