Travel Where should I take my boyfriend for his birthday present?

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
Hey everyone! This is my first tima posting in the travelling thread! Maybe you can help me..

My boyfriends birthday is coming up and I want to surprise him with a little trip and I really need some suggestions of where to go! I live in Europe so somewhere in Europe I think. And I think I want to go to a city, small or big doesn´t matter but I don't want to lay on the beach the whole weekend since we will only go away for the weekend!

Please help me and give me some suggestions! Thank you so much!

If it's a gift for him, then find out what he's into then plan accordingly.

For example, dh loves to golf so for his last gift (Father's Day), I scheduled a weekend golf getaway with his cousin & a friend at a famous course. I like to golf but I figured that he would truly enjoy being with the guys only. He LOVED it.

What does he like? Or what do you both like? What's your budget? Do you want to fly or drive there?

Last edited:
Mimster: That's a great idea! He doesn't really have a "hobby" but I know he loves the French Riviera! So somewhere there.

Do you guys know any other beautiful cities there than Nice, Cannes and St Tropez? I've only been there and maybe it would be nice to see something else?