Where is the ‘made in’ tag hidden in the Speedy 30?

Annabella4

O.G.
Jun 1, 2013
please help! I cannot find the ‘made in’ tag on my speedy? I have the one form the Grace Coddington colab with the cats, but I cannot find it? Even looked with a flash light. Just can’t find it? It should be there though...:confused1:
There is a tag with a code starting with 2 letters, but they don’t make sense as a reference to a country? It says mb...?

Last edited:
The lettered code is the date code not the made in tag mb will
mean it’s made in France then the numbers will indicate year & week speedys usually have the made in on the pull tab near the zipper and down the leather trim on the side if it’s a Bandouliere hth X

please help! I cannot find the ‘made in’ tag on my speedy? I have the one form the Grace Coddington colab with the cats, but I cannot find it? Even looked with a flash light. Just can’t find it? It should be there though...:confused1:
There is a tag with a code starting with 2 letters, but they don’t make sense as a reference to a country? It says mb...?
Are you talking about the made in part? It is on the outside of the bag on the vachetta strip where it says made in France. Is that what you mean?

Ah Thank you! :heart: I was looking for a tag like the neverful has, but this codes actually yells you where its made. Never too old to learn!

The lettered code is the date code not the made in tag mb will
mean it’s made in France then the numbers will indicate year & week speedys usually have the made in on the pull tab near the zipper and down the leather trim on the side if it’s a Bandouliere hth X
hsnk

Are you talking about the made in part? It is on the outside of the bag on the vachetta strip where it says made in France. Is that what you mean?
Thanks for your help! :heart:
Yes, but this particular model does not have that tag like the normal Speedy has. iIt just has a code with 2 letters and 4 Numbers, hence the confusion.

Are you referring to the “Louis Vuitton Paris made in ...” stamp? As mentioned by two other posters above it’s on the side of the bag along the vachetta strip.

Or do you mean the cloth tag that says “made in USA” or something to that effect? Only bags made in the USA will have a cloth tag. Bags made in other countries like France, Spain, or Italy do not have a tag like this.

Enjoy your bag!

I think you are referring to the made in USA tag (cloth tag). This cloth tag is only present in made in the USA bags, bags from other countries don’t have this tag at all.

Are you referring to the “Louis Vuitton Paris made in ...” stamp? As mentioned by two other posters above it’s on the side of the bag along the vachetta strip.

Or do you mean the cloth tag that says “made in USA” or something to that effect? Only bags made in the USA will have a cloth tag. Bags made in other countries like France, Spain, or Italy do not have a tag like this.

Enjoy your bag!

Thanks for your help :heart:
Yes in mean the stamp. But its not there on this model. Its from a runway Collection so Maybe that is different? Although the neverfull from this Collection does have this stamp...? Very confusing..
But I was told to look at the Serial Number, and that starts with mb which means Made in france :biggrin:

Thanks for your help :heart:
Yes in mean the stamp. But its not there on this model. Its from a runway Collection so Maybe that is different? Although the neverfull from this Collection does have this stamp...? Very confusing..
But I was told to look at the Serial Number, and that starts with mb which means Made in france :biggrin:
I have the catogram speedy myself and the made in stamp is on the side of the bag.
17A0131A-85ED-4734-9E40-A35460FC6C6E.jpeg