Where is the cheapest place to get the paddington?

Megadane said:
I just hope they are as nice as everyone says they are..I've never 'held' one so I'm hoping it's worth it:love:

Trust me...you won't be disappointed! You're getting the whiskey right? That color is fabulous. Very lux. You will love it!

english_girl_900 said:
LVR looks pretty good to me. It may just be exactly what you said amanda - less import duties etc.

I believe I read somewhere that Vlad said LVR carries authentic merchandise and I believe he is right. The owner of LVR is Andrea Panconesi. If you search his name and luisa via roma there are a few articles about him and the store. I just didn't want to keep using the translate button...hope this helps!

pseub said:
Woo hoo! My Paddy from NAP has shipped! According to my credit card activity viewed online, NAP charged me $1200. This is about $300 less than I had expected...I guess that's minus the VAT?

So Pseub got the paddy for about $1200 and she lives in Los Angeles, while Cristina got it for almost $1500 and she lives in Florida. So does the whole price thing depends on which state you ship it to? If so, then I'm going to order it from NAP since I also live in Los Angeles. Pseub, can you please keep me posted about your credit card bill until you receive the right paddy? Thanks.

So I went to South Coast Plaza today and it was sardine-packed over there. Couldn't find parking so had to do valet. My car must have been the cheapest car in their valet lot as I was surrounded by BMWs, Mercedes, a beautiful jet black Ferrari, and a dazzling silver Bentley. Gotta love SCP!

As I was madly pushing my way through crowds of holiday procrastinators, my friend (her 2nd time there) couldn't help but uttered "seems like everyone brought out their most expensive handbag to SCP today!" True that... :amuse:

I finally got to Chloe and to my surprise, the store was very "dead" compared to the other stores in the mall. There were only 2 customers there and 1 lady bought a choco brown after the SA was madly kissing her ass. I tried on both the whisky and the choco brown for quite some time, but no one bother to approach me. All the SAs were just standing there as if I didn't exist. The older looking SA brushed me off with some vague answer when I tried to ask her some questions. The 2nd SA didn't even bother to look towards my direction as she stood there staring blankly towards the front extrance. The 3rd and youngest SA finally gave me her partial attention but it was only after I asked her about the difference between the choco brown and its beige/brown linings that she finally realized that this customer here actually knows her stuff! So this Chloe store will NOT be getting my business after the horrible customer service incident today! :evil: Why are they so stuck up anyway? Was it because I looked young and was in a sweater and jeans? Even Nordtrom SA was super nice to me and I only bought a $8 suede spray after typing him up for 30 min with questions about the spray. lol So I rather go with NAP or LVR and screw the actual store. :suspiciou

As of tonight, Chloe have 5 choco browns (w/ beige lining from 2005), 2 tans, 2 whiskys, 1 silver, 1 anthracite, and 1 lizard on display. They also have about 2 choco browns (w/ dark brown lining from 2006) in their back room because they want to get rid of the 2005 brown ones first. To me, I prefer the choco brown w/ brown lining because it looks classier and can withstand more dirt in the long run. I also tried on both browns to see if there's a weight difference but they weighed just about the same. I thought someone here mentioned that the 2006 paddy suppose to weigh less than the 2005 paddy? I did compare the leather on both choco browns and they are about the same quality so I am very pleased with that.

The SA said they will be having the 2006 paddy in grayish green (aka moouse?) and yellowish tan after the holiday.

Oh my, yes the SCP SAs can be quite snooty sometimes.They're used to the usual dolled up Orange County socialites and the bratty rich kid type. My friend works at SCP and she deals with both. They shouldn't stereotype, but it's their business to lose!!!! I agree with you. Screw the store. Did you check the Ron Herman store for the paddy by any chance? I'm curious.

mammet said:
Oh my, yes the SCP SAs can be quite snooty sometimes.They're used to the usual dolled up Orange County socialites and the bratty rich kid type. My friend works at SCP and she deals with both. They shouldn't stereotype, but it's their business to lose!!!! I agree with you. Screw the store. Did you check the Ron Herman store for the paddy by any chance? I'm curious.

Nope, I forgot the name of the store. :sad2:

Well, I did a little digging around on the Amex website and realized that I'm being charged 2% for a currency exchange rate. So...hmmm...that's brought the price up a bit. Check the card your going to use.

Irissy said:
So I went to South Coast Plaza today and it was sardine-packed over there. Couldn't find parking so had to do valet. My car must have been the cheapest car in their valet lot as I was surrounded by BMWs, Mercedes, a beautiful jet black Ferrari, and a dazzling silver Bentley. Gotta love SCP!

As I was madly pushing my way through crowds of holiday procrastinators, my friend (her 2nd time there) couldn't help but uttered "seems like everyone brought out their most expensive handbag to SCP today!" True that... :amuse:

I finally got to Chloe and to my surprise, the store was very "dead" compared to the other stores in the mall. There were only 2 customers there and 1 lady bought a choco brown after the SA was madly kissing her ass. I tried on both the whisky and the choco brown for quite some time, but no one bother to approach me. All the SAs were just standing there as if I didn't exist. The older looking SA brushed me off with some vague answer when I tried to ask her some questions. The 2nd SA didn't even bother to look towards my direction as she stood there staring blankly towards the front extrance. The 3rd and youngest SA finally gave me her partial attention but it was only after I asked her about the difference between the choco brown and its beige/brown linings that she finally realized that this customer here actually knows her stuff! So this Chloe store will NOT be getting my business after the horrible customer service incident today! :evil: Why are they so stuck up anyway? Was it because I looked young and was in a sweater and jeans? Even Nordtrom SA was super nice to me and I only bought a $8 suede spray after typing him up for 30 min with questions about the spray. lol So I rather go with NAP or LVR and screw the actual store. :suspiciou

As of tonight, Chloe have 5 choco browns (w/ beige lining from 2005), 2 tans, 2 whiskys, 1 silver, 1 anthracite, and 1 lizard on display. They also have about 2 choco browns (w/ dark brown lining from 2006) in their back room because they want to get rid of the 2005 brown ones first. To me, I prefer the choco brown w/ brown lining because it looks classier and can withstand more dirt in the long run. I also tried on both browns to see if there's a weight difference but they weighed just about the same. I thought someone here mentioned that the 2006 paddy suppose to weigh less than the 2005 paddy? I did compare the leather on both choco browns and they are about the same quality so I am very pleased with that.

The SA said they will be having the 2006 paddy in grayish green (aka moouse?) and yellowish tan after the holiday.

you know, one of the reasons i love going to Lenox Square or Phipps Plaza in Atlanta is to ogle all of the fabulous cars that are parked in valet. my dad drives only BMWs, and what can i say, i have an affinity for them (and most other luxury cars, lol) myself. I'm pretty jaded as far as luxury goes, but they usually have at least one Rolls Royce Phantom in the lot and it still makes me ooh and aah.

on to the subject again...i can't believe they treated you like that at chloe! you'd think some of the people at these luxury stores would realize that people that are dressed up are not the only ones that will drop some cash (in fact, where i work, it's usually NOT the people trying to look rich that will come in and drop 10 grand. it's usually folks with john deere hats on and thick accents that got rich off their chicken farms!) i mean, they weren't even busy? ugh!

i am going to just crack and go off at one of these salespeople on day.

i'm glad you got to see the paddy, though, and NAP and LVR both seem like they have quality customer service, so i hope your experience with them is better!

We have been complaining about poor customer service for awhile. I had it at Coach with a newbie SA when my daughter wanted a bag for Christmas so I guess its all over. SA told her there weren't anymore in her store and that they couldn't look in their compuer for one. I don't tolerate that and began to leave as they were comming after me dying to help because of course my mouth was running about how rude that was. Too Late! I went to what I call an upscale mall and purchased there. SA's should never under estimate us. In my case I don't think this SA thought my daughter was going to purchase it because she made a comment it was a little too dressy for what she wanted it for, dumbo I say! Drama ended with a happy daughter getting her bag! I will definately complain to my favorite Manager Nicole!

amanda said:
on to the subject again...i can't believe they treated you like that at chloe! you'd think some of the people at these luxury stores would realize that people that are dressed up are not the only ones that will drop some cash (in fact, where i work, it's usually NOT the people trying to look rich that will come in and drop 10 grand. it's usually folks with john deere hats on and thick accents that got rich off their chicken farms!) i mean, they weren't even busy? ugh!

i am going to just crack and go off at one of these salespeople on day.

i'm glad you got to see the paddy, though, and NAP and LVR both seem like they have quality customer service, so i hope your experience with them is better!

Even though I didn't get the paddy but I was literally twitching for a new handbag. I mean I was at the MALL so I had to get myself something... anything. lol So I ended up home with a very cute apple green Coach purse (in leather suede). :amuse: Merry Xmas to me!

I'll pick up a paddy after the holiday then.