where/how do you store/collect/display your LVs??

Somebody on here (I think it's addctedtolv) has a wonderful wardrobe from IKEA for storing her bags. Mine are on the shelves in my walk-in closet:

Attachments

• storage.JPG
    storage.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 4,396
  • storage 1.JPG
    storage 1.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 4,070
I have a two shelf cupboard/wardrobe that I keep them in with each in their respective dustbag. Saves them from the sun, heat vents, any accidentally dropping them on something.

Works for now... but may not in a few years if collection continues to grow...

LV_addict said:
Somebody on here (I think it's addctedtolv) has a wonderful wardrobe from IKEA for storing her bags. Mine are on the shelves in my walk-in closet:

Thanks for the compliment LV_addict! Yes, I am ashamed to say I have enough bags to fill an entire 2-door wardrobe from IKEA. :shame:

Currently I store them in their boxes on the middle shelves of my organizer.
I am hoping to buy a nicer closet organizer that has enormous corner shelves...then I'll have 10 shelves for my LVs and I can organize them by either: a) style of bag (i.e. all speedys on one shelf) or b) type of bag (i.e. all cerises on one shelf, all CB on one shelf, all damier on one shelf, etc.)

Put them in their original dustbags, then put the covered bags gently into storage bins (don't pack them too tightly or they will mash up or get scuffed--a big no-no). For structured bags like the LV papillion, clean white or clear plastic trash bags work great to stuff inside them to keep their shape. The bins keep the dust and mold out. For extra insurance, a dehumidifier or the little DampRid jars work the best to keep unwanted moisture out and keep your precious purses from molding or getting damp! Plus, if you have to get out of your house/apartment quickly due to an evacuation (like for a hurricane) everything is packed and ready to go.

I have a really small collection for the moment, so I keep all on a shelf, stored in their dustbags, however, when I get my own place, the bag wardrobe will be the most important thing, and I will come up with some really clever solution so that all my bags will be happy :smile:

I store my bags in my dustbag and put them in a drawer. I don't know if thats the best place though. When my collection expands I don't know what I'll do! I would love to have a walk in wardrobe with a wall filled with hangbags. But thats a bit far off yet :P

i put them in their dustbags and line them up along the shelves in my walk-in closet. naturally, i've taken up my boyfriend's side of the closet too :lol:

Attachments

• closet6.JPG
    closet6.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 3,212
  • closet5.JPG
    closet5.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 2,915
  • closet3.JPG
    closet3.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 2,687
yeuxhonnetes said:
i put them in their dustbags and line them up along the shelves in my walk-in closet. naturally, i've taken up my boyfriend's side of the closet too :lol:

:lol: my bf and i have our own closet but i have been invading his.

that is how i store my bags too. all lined up on top of the closet shelves in their dustbags.