Where have all the Mulberry buyer's gone?

Thank you! I bought both the Lily's in black, the medium one with silver hardware and the regular one with gold hardware. The medium is the one I have used so far, as it fits my everyday needs the best. I always knew the regular one would fit better as an evening bag, so I'm quite happy with my choices.

My Iris is also black, with gold hardware. I would have chosen silver hardware if it was available, but since it's not a lot of hardware on it, I figured I'll get used to it.

I'll post pics of them when I get home!

Walking around with my Lily has generated surprisingly few reactions in my social circles, which I find quite amusing (and relieving, to be honest. I never bought the bag to "show off" anyway). There's literally NO reactions what so ever. No one cares about a new Mulberry :smile: This enhances my impression that Mulberry is really not very trendy these days. But like you mention - they are classics. I work with a lot of younger people, and I suspect they'd be much more interested if I brought a LV bag or something.

I will battle my fear of being seen as "old fashioned" and keep using my beloved Lilys. And i AM soon turning 40, so I'd better get used to being a real grown up in general, i guess:smile:
I’m very much medium lily for everyday too, can *just* fit my items into regular lily, but then find myself juggling the bag to get things out. It’s a fantastic evening bag though and I’ve been using my patent one for about 8 years now, it’s held up really well.

I'm a new fan of Mulberry (there are dozens of us!), and recently purchased a top handle Lily. The brand wasn't much on my radar until the release of the Seaton and the Leighton. Since then, I've been loving the brand and glad to be part of the Mulberry club. I still regret not getting a Leighton when I had the chance as it seems like the brand no longer makes that bag.

I’m very much medium lily for everyday too, can *just* fit my items into regular lily, but then find myself juggling the bag to get things out. It’s a fantastic evening bag though and I’ve been using my patent one for about 8 years now, it’s held up really well.

I'm glad to hear that! Then I guess my Lily's will hold up well for quite some years to come, unless something happens to them.

One thing I've been noticing though, is that the chain really digs into my shoulder when the medium Lily is full and I wear it cross body. It's ok if I wear a jacket or a sweather, but with thinner garments I can barely keep it on me because it hurts my shoulder. Which is too bad, because I think the bag looks a lot better when it's full than when its empty. So far I've ended up mostly wearing the bag as a shoulder bag with both chains, which also works really well.

Would love to se a pic og your Lily and also what's in your bag if you'd like to share:smile: I'm starting to wander if I'm only keeping really heavy stuff in mine..

Reactions: 24shaz
I'm a new fan of Mulberry (there are dozens of us!), and recently purchased a top handle Lily. The brand wasn't much on my radar until the release of the Seaton and the Leighton. Since then, I've been loving the brand and glad to be part of the Mulberry club. I still regret not getting a Leighton when I had the chance as it seems like the brand no longer makes that bag.

Congrats on your new Lily! Nice to see others buying new Lily's these days:smile:

Reactions: behindtheseams
Hi there, lovely purse people.

Except for one Bayswater about ten years ago (which I rarely used because I was maybe too young and I don't think my style and confidence was quite ready for it), I'm all new to Mulberry these last weeks. I inherited some money, so I went on a shopping spree and bought the three Mulberry's I really wanted: A medium Lily (glossy goat), a regular Lily (with gold hardware) and a large, black Iris. I've been eyeing the Lilys for years now. And the Iris just looked like the most practical bag I've ever seen. It's basically a Tardis!

But:

I don't really pay much attention to fashion trends etc, but when I startet looking for other lovers of Mulberry and Lily's in particular (I love reading articles and watching youtube reviews of stuff I own myself), I ended up with a feeling that my beautiful Lily's were quite out of fashion and that I just spent a lot of money on something really outdated. I googled news articles about the Lily and most of the stories I found were 7-10 years old, at least.

This made me a little confused about the whole Lily thing, and Mulberry in general as well. Are they really a little bit out of style? I think my own answer to this, based on my recent attempts to find other Lily lovers, and my own taste in bags, would have to be they're really not the most trendy stuff out there anymore, but maybe the Lily really isn't for those people anyway?

I'm soon turning 40, and have finally the guts to wear what I want with confidence, and my style seems to be classic and minimal, with few colours and fine quality garments. And to be honest, I really can't se how a classic looking Lily would NOT fit that style. So for my own part I'm very happy with my purchases, I'm just a tiny bit confused when it comes to where the Lily's and Mulberry's are on the "fashion ladder" these days.

Any thoughts on this?

I apologise for any spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. And btw I am *thrilled* to finally have found a place to discuss bags and purses, especially Mulberrys :heart:
Post photos please, would love to see the collection. You got me looking into Lily’s . Just to say , go for what brings you joy , whether it’s trendy or not. I live by that. i do enjoy cleaning and moisturizing my bags, like they are my babies. The happiness is within.
I‘ve switched my twilly to give it a more subtle look. I use twillies to protect the handles from sweat and lotion in hands. Here she is with the new twillies and the another way to carry it , by tucking in the flap to make it an open tote.

Attachments

• C63B6D80-5B27-4091-A36F-53EB5DD5CCC1.jpeg
    C63B6D80-5B27-4091-A36F-53EB5DD5CCC1.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 61658150-B08A-4019-9567-E116A1F8BC87.jpeg
    61658150-B08A-4019-9567-E116A1F8BC87.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: PeanutB

Did you try asking the outlet if they have a Leighton? It wasn’t on my radar (I was after a Lily) when I stumbled upon one at a great discount (less than $400) before the holidays last year.

Reactions: Purse Chakra
Did you try asking the outlet if they have a Leighton? It wasn’t on my radar (I was after a Lily) when I stumbled upon one at a great discount (less than $400) before the holidays last year.
Unfortunately, the one outlet in the US didn't have any Leightons in stock, but they did have a couple of Seatons as of a couple of months ago. Apparently, there are still plenty of Leightons available in the UK Mulberry outlets.

Unfortunately, the one outlet in the US didn't have any Leightons in stock, but they did have a couple of Seatons as of a couple of months ago. Apparently, there are still plenty of Leightons available in the UK Mulberry outlets.

Sorry to hear that. I think I got one of the last ones in the Cabazon outlet before they closed up shop. I ended up using it for months before I switched into my new grey Lily. I will switch back in the Fall, mine is an orangey color.

Cabazon always seemed to have more to choose from than the Harriman location. If you are open to preowned I think I saw one on Fashionphile recently, and sometimes there are some in the Mulberry exchange part of Vestaire.

Reactions: behindtheseams
Sorry to hear that. I think I got one of the last ones in the Cabazon outlet before they closed up shop. I ended up using it for months before I switched into my new grey Lily. I will switch back in the Fall, mine is an orangey color.

Cabazon always seemed to have more to choose from than the Harriman location. If you are open to preowned I think I saw one on Fashionphile recently, and sometimes there are some in the Mulberry exchange part of Vestaire.

Thanks! It's probably for the best as I have too many bags as it stands. Which Leighton did you get? Would you mind sharing a photo?

Thanks! It's probably for the best as I have too many bags as it stands. Which Leighton did you get? Would you mind sharing a photo?

I have too many bags too…Mulberry Exchange has helped a lot by making it easy for me to move on my unused Mulberry bags!

Here is the pic the outlet sent me when I was shopping. I see from the email they sent me that I paid $339 plus tax In December. So happy with the deal!

EC2E25F9-96C1-42ED-9D76-8B4C62020205.jpeg

I'm glad to hear that! Then I guess my Lily's will hold up well for quite some years to come, unless something happens to them.

One thing I've been noticing though, is that the chain really digs into my shoulder when the medium Lily is full and I wear it cross body. It's ok if I wear a jacket or a sweather, but with thinner garments I can barely keep it on me because it hurts my shoulder. Which is too bad, because I think the bag looks a lot better when it's full than when its empty. So far I've ended up mostly wearing the bag as a shoulder bag with both chains, which also works really well.

Would love to se a pic og your Lily and also what's in your bag if you'd like to share:smile: I'm starting to wander if I'm only keeping really heavy stuff in mine..
My medium lilies in oxblood, black/nickel and poppy

My what’s in my bag is quite dull & I apologise in advance; wallet, glasses, tissues, reusable carrier bag thingy, hand sanitiser, mask and keys. I’m a light traveller, but like to have space to rummage in my bags.

Attachments

• EF19C586-0A0A-4670-A4C8-C0C86BAC48C4.jpeg
    EF19C586-0A0A-4670-A4C8-C0C86BAC48C4.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 136B0649-CDFF-43C5-932E-27E97F1A397A.jpeg
    136B0649-CDFF-43C5-932E-27E97F1A397A.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 30
  • B9A0939A-0C78-4602-B297-C6FA3A02B18E.jpeg
    B9A0939A-0C78-4602-B297-C6FA3A02B18E.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 25