Where have all the Mulberry buyer's gone?

Still here! I love that it is understated and discreet. I still buy a couple a year, particularly during the sale. I also buy the classics, just got a medium Lily in black glossy goat— my fave leather. I also like to spread the love— recently with Loewe, Celine and BV.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I've posted this question here because I dont think Mulberry forum gets much traffic now...
So where are all the past Mulberry lovers now turning their attention on? I know it seems a natural progression to climb the handbag ladder ending up with LV Chanel and Hermes but I think the type of person who loved the old traditional Mulberry wouldn't be going in that direction so where have they all gone...what bags are they buying now?
Thoughts would be welcome...

For me once I realised Stuart Vevers had moved to Coach - Coach 1941 range - I’m a glovetanned leather convert!!! Building up a huge collection - on 17 rogues so far - and now adding some of the new originals collection - rambler Willis etc - love them - also love the price point and 50-60% off sales

I feel the insane price increases in the last year and a half from particular brands have made consumers turn their attention to those brands especially when there’s the idea of ‘buy to resell later on’ or ‘if you had always wanted this and that, now is the time to get it because prices will just keep going up’ sort of vibe.... I noticed there’s a lot of attention on Hermes, Chanel and LV at the moment that some people are selling their bags to fund Hermes / Chanel purchases??
I buy bags with intention of keeping them and still happy with my small aqua green Lily and mini black quilted cara. : )

I still love my classic Mulberry, last year I bought a Del Rey in black forest on ebay. The new styles don’t make my heart sing..
My handbag addiction didn’t stop, over the years I bought Hermes Garden Party and many Longchamp bags. This year the Saint Laurent Loulou and a LV Neverfull empreinte came in my collection.
I must admit that I’m stalking the LV website the most.

I've posted this question here because I dont think Mulberry forum gets much traffic now...
So where are all the past Mulberry lovers now turning their attention on? I know it seems a natural progression to climb the handbag ladder ending up with LV Chanel and Hermes but I think the type of person who loved the old traditional Mulberry wouldn't be going in that direction so where have they all gone...what bags are they buying now?
Thoughts would be welcome...
I’m still purchasing Mulberry. I never owned a Mulberry bag before the price increases I am hearing about on TPF, so for me the current pricing is what I’m used to.

Over the last year I focused on adding a few more Chanel, Dior, and LV bags to my collection, but in the last month have purchased three new Mulberry bags (gray small Darley croc print shoulder bag is out for delivery today!).

That brings my Mulberry collection to 4 mini zipped Bayswaters, 1 small quilted Bayswater, 1 small quilted Darley (the one that reminds me of a Chanel square mini), and now the small Darley shoulder bag—guess it’s obvious I prefer smaller bags.

Mulberry bags feel more relaxed and practical to me than my Chanel Flaps and Lady Diors, so I tend to use my them as my everyday bags, though have not been using ANY of my bags during the pandemic.

As for moving up the ladder to Hermès, I buy their scarves and SLG’s but doubt I’ll ever buy a bag from them. I don’t work outside the home. My non-pandemic days are filled with volunteer work, lunches & outings with friends, theater, concerts, travel, etc... so I don’t need what I consider a ‘business bag’ like a Birkin. While I appreciate the history and quality of the brand, the effort you have to put into buying one is off-putting in my opinion. I don’t want to have to work that hard to make a purchase. I suppose the pre-loved market would be easier.

I own bags and SLGs across the spectrum. I was actually recently considering picking up a new wallet from Hermes or Chanel. I pulled out the amberley clutch I bought a couple years ago and realized it makes a great full size wallet on its own. Also, the leather quality is really nice. I love a good suede lining, for example. Anyways, I’ve been eyeing a few things on the mulberry website again. Mulberry lovers are out there!

I am a mulberry lover, I could never afford the brand when eg the Roxanne was originally released but now I can and have bought some new from 2017, pre owned from 2018 and new from 2019. I really use them and dont baby them and they all still look great.

Yes the price rises are steep but same with LV. I love the classic shapes and the classic colors. I would never buy a bag in a wild colorway or with insane graphic print patterns as I just wouldn't wear them. I do love a pop of red, orange or blue so Im sure i will buy mini or micro bags in bold but wearable colors but I'd never spend more than £900 on a bag from mulberry

I continue to love the classic traditional Mulberry. I check out the pre-loved ones here and there and have a few on my wishlist that I’d like to buy one day, if one in great condition and price shows up. I fell in love with the old Mulberry - the Mulberry of Bays, Alexa, and Lily - and I feel the newer Mulberry left their old customers behind with the price hikes and influencer culture. Even their new version of the beloved Alexa can’t compare with the older Alexa. I don’t think the new Mulberry tries to appeal to their older customers anymore and are trying to attract the trendy audience. There’s nothing wrong with that, for me personally I just no longer have an interest in their new direction. I didn’t move up the handbag ladder, but rather enjoy a variety of older styles from BV, Balenciaga, and sometimes Fendi. For newer styles, I check out Aspinal of London (which more or less replaced the old Mulberry for me), The Row, Coach, Polene, and some indie brands here and there.

I bought a couple items last summer in the Ca outlet. The experience (customer service)wasn’t great and the leather isnt as nice as I thought especially on the wallet.
I have a lovely wallet from @2013(like new after constant use) and 2 Alexas from @2012ish with my summer purchase (small amberley and wallet),Im good with the brand. I think with the price point, I‘ll look elsewhere, and try to find purse peace.
I have bags from other brands as of course, I might revisit down the line.

Reactions: myfavebag