Where have all Belen Echandia fans gone?

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Hi all,

Hope everyone here had a wonderful thanksgiving!

Tropical Gal, we went to Maine, thanks for asking. We had a fantastic time especially shopping at all the outlets. I know that Belen Echandia is definetely for me because my husband was shocked when I didn't even go into the Coach outlet. Wow!

Well, I have quite the review on my Love Me. Now, that I've been wearing it for a couple weeks straight and especially on vacation, I feel that I can give a more recent update.

I have to say ladies, this is definetely my favorite handbag for both everyday and travel. On vacation, we had some rain, and it was just indestructible. I didn't have to worry whatsoever.

It held up perfectly in all the stores with crowds etc....

I really appreciated the size of the love me when I was toting around my kids essentials. It even worked out as a "diaper" bag and it felt great to have such a luxurious handbag seve that purpose!

Now, here's my scoop on the Stroke Me. Unfortunately, that style just wasn't for me. It was a gorgeous handbag (I never had doubts about that), but I think maybe the shape of it, just didn't sit right on me for some weird reason. It looked a bit "sloppy" on. Maybe that's because I ordered the large or maybe because I didn't give it enough time to break in. I do love slouchy handbags, but, this one just didn't look right.

I know you ladies look great and enjoy your Stroke Me. I wish I did too because I would have loved to have added another style of BE handbags to my collection. But, rather then keep it (and then probably not wear it much), I ordered another Love Me.

You ladies, remember how I was torn between the black and pewter. Well, I decided to try the Pewter Crash this week. I"ll be sure to post details once I receive. I hope I love it every much as I do the black.

How is everyone enjoying their BE handbags still? I'd love to hear back from everyone!!!!!

I too am loving my black matte Love Me! I took the third strap off and I think that has made it lighter. I love the size, the leather, the detailing -- now I want more BE bags! Especially a Clutch Me and an Indulge Me!

Glad to hear that your enjoying yours too!

I can so relate to wanting to purchase more BE. I don't see myself buying from another designer again for quite some time. I"m addicted to the quality especially when I do a comparison for the value.

My next purchase, the Angel Purse.

The indulge me looks adorable and lightweight enough for summer. I hope you do great in the January sale for those.

I"m glad to hear your loving your LM too.

I have a question for you, do you find there are any colors that don't work with the pewter? I wear a lot of blues, greys, pinks, lavenders and browns. Do you think that it would look pretty with all those colors?

I can't wait to get it this week. I really am going to be surprised what color it is I think. The sales lady at Muse Ten told me that depending on the light, it can look either more brown or grey? Do you find that true?

Please post details with your new BE tomorrow. Congrats!

I've been away with my Love Me and posted about my experience on TropicalGal's verdict on the Love Me thread. Overall I'm very happy with this style.

lovebags2 - Sorry to hear the Stroke Me didn't work for you, but I think that's the way it is with certain styles...you just don't know if it "fits" until you try it on. I really like the slouchiness and unique shape of this style but I can understand how it wouldn't work for everyone.

I have to agree that Jackie's bags are gorgeous and totally worth the $$$. Glad to hear that so many of you have come over to the BE side of life! I got my first one last year and my second this one-I am ready for number three in the next year-I have petrol, wine, and am thinking of the purple-I love color! I'd love to see her do a deep forest green color in one of them!:rolleyes:

I have a question for you, do you find there are any colors that don't work with the pewter? I wear a lot of blues, greys, pinks, lavenders and browns. Do you think that it would look pretty with all those colors?

Yes, somehow it looks great with all colors because it really is a neutral.

The sales lady at Muse Ten told me that depending on the light, it can look either more brown or grey? Do you find that true?

Yes, this is kind of a strange/cool thing about it; in warmer lighting it reflects a slightly more coppery cast.

Please post details with your new BE tomorrow. Congrats!

Thanks; I can't wait! I love the red color and think it will be really versatile -- especially in this size. I'll let you know what I think!

I have to agree that Jackie's bags are gorgeous and totally worth the $$$. Glad to hear that so many of you have come over to the BE side of life! I got my first one last year and my second this one-I am ready for number three in the next year-I have petrol, wine, and am thinking of the purple-I love color! I'd love to see her do a deep forest green color in one of them!:rolleyes:

Actually, I have you to thank for bringing me into the BE fold. Your photos of the wine SM were just too luscious to ignore BE! Thanks!

Valkyrie -- can't wait to hear how you ADORE your Clutch Me. I have one in matte White and I ADORE it! I use it with dress up (all black) and with dress down (jeans). I don't need another clutch, ever. This is it for me!

Valkyrie -- can't wait to hear how you ADORE your Clutch Me. I have one in matte White and I ADORE it! I use it with dress up (all black) and with dress down (jeans). I don't need another clutch, ever. This is it for me!

Didn't come today, so must be coming tomorrow! Actually, your review on the Clutch Me really influenced me to get this bag as well, TropicalGal. Can't wait 'til it gets here!