Where dp you keep your “in use” bag at home

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Where do you drop the bag you are using at home? I reorganized my closet and used the shelf where i used to leave my bag for clothes. I do have an active child who’s little hands i would like to keep my bag away from! Where do all you deop the bag you are currently using when you get home?

I usually put my bag in the bedroom, beside my bed or on the chair. The kids don't really hang out in our bedroom alone.

I store some of my smaller, most used bags on an over door hanger, similar to this: 1602250298540.png
If you use a small bag that doesn't weigh a ton, maybe this would be a good solution?

• Love
Reactions: papertiger and RT1
On a small buffet in the laundry room next to the garage. I am forgetful, so I need room to have everything I need to take for the day there. If it isn’t next to my purse (and sometimes even if it is) and visible, I will leave it at home! LOL

Maybe you could put up a small shelf somewhere handy? Close to your eye level, which is out of reach for your daughter. They have ones with hooks underneath too, where you could put your jacket, scarf and/or umbrella.

There is a bench by the front door. We come in through the garage, shoes come off by the garage door (our work shoes) or by the bench upstairs, and bags accumulate on the bench. Every few days/bags, I'll take the overflow back to my closet. No kids running around just yet, so this system will be modified heavily in about a year.

If I think I'm not going out again for the day, I take my things out of the bag, put them in their "designated" space in two large Samorgas I keep in a drawer in my hallway/entrance, just for this purpose. And put the bag in its space in a drawer.

I can't be the only one doing this?! Marie Kondo doesn't count but she's of course my inspiration :smile: