where does a reseller get 10 or more

E - LMAO!

I was under the impression that while most of the bags in the Japanese catalogues are authentic, some are fake. Mind you, my old SA said a bag was fake in one of those catalogues and it just turns out that she had never seen the colour before, because Hermes "trial" a lot of new and unusual colurs on the Japanese market, first. Colours that sometimes never make it into any further production.

Here where My H is located, we were the first in the world (yes, even before Paris) to get the 70 x 70 cm scarves - they trialled the size here, and in silk-twill, not the "vintage silk" they eventually ran with.

I bought the 70 70 silk twill at bond street, and I am not that keen on it, I prefer the normal silk,

I can tell you with some authority that 5-6 years ago there most certainly were not any 8x10s hanging in the back room at Madison Avenue. Couldn't say now of course as I no longer have access to the employee areas. But CDL was a big eBay seller even back then, that much I do know. Hermes** and NYFashionExpert didn't even "exist" as Hermes sellers at that time, as far as I am aware, and I was pretty keenly tied in to what was happening on eBay then.

The funny part of all this subterfuge and drama and speculation is that in my understanding and experience it really comes down to the personality of the manager at a particular store (or owner of a franchise store). I actually do not believe that they have a corporate policy about this issue, at least they didn't back then. I think that each manager has his or her own personality and that shows through on the selling floor and in the attitude of the SAs--for better or worse! Some are naturally more suspicious than others, and a few are probably just pragmatic capitalists, and realize that sales are sales for their store and what happens to the bag afterwards isn't really their issue.

What bothers me is when clients who really do legitimately buy things for themselves then later decide that the item doesn't work for them for whatever reason are terrified at the idea of selling it because they don't want to be cut off from their supply of things in the future! I often wonder how much of this blackballing really happens, and how it varies from country to country, vs. how much of it is just message board phenomenon/hype/exaggeration. Don't know. Don't want to find out, either! LOL

Maybe CDL is blacklisted by Hermes, but she advertises their product for them to the world, and because of her high prices many find the store prices to be a bargain.
Hermes may hate the resellers, but the resellers are part of the whole mystique that makes Hermes what it is today.
In fact, think of what eBay has done for Hermes. Hermes must secretly love eBay.

Maybe CDL is blacklisted by Hermes, but she advertises their product for them to the world, and because of her high prices many find the store prices to be a bargain.
Hermes may hate the resellers, but the resellers are part of the whole mystique that makes Hermes what it is today.
In fact, think of what eBay has done for Hermes. Hermes must secretly love eBay.

:idea::lol::yes: I agree.

E - LMAO!

I was under the impression that while most of the bags in the Japanese catalogues are authentic, some are fake. Mind you, my old SA said a bag was fake in one of those catalogues and it just turns out that she had never seen the colour before, because Hermes "trial" a lot of new and unusual colurs on the Japanese market, first. Colours that sometimes never make it into any further production.

Here where My H is located, we were the first in the world (yes, even before Paris) to get the 70 x 70 cm scarves - they trialled the size here, and in silk-twill, not the "vintage silk" they eventually ran with.

I agree. I asked my store about the vert cru in clemence. As far as I know this color is only made in gulliver. However, since a couple of tpfers bought theirs vert cru birkins clemence in Tokyo, an SA in my store confirmed that it IS possible that that particular color and leather combination is made only available in Japan as Hermes uses the Japanese market to trial certain combination.

I believe Coach does the same thing too!

i also heard that CDL was banned from all the H stores too. is this true???

I believe this to be true. She never pays retail for her bags, thus, the high markup. Plus, I believe she has accepted trade ins before for some really good clients.

Agree with Golconda that Hermes should be thanking the resellers! :P

P.S. I remember back when I started collecting Hermes bags, hermes** was already selling mainly birkins and kellys. She is one of the first eBay sellers of H bags. CDL came about 2 years later together with montecarclub (who sells other stuff too) and NYfashionexpert, luxwear much later...

I believe this to be true. She never pays retail for her bags, thus, the high markup. Plus, I believe she has accepted trade ins before for some really good clients.

Agree with Golconda that Hermes should be thanking the resellers! :P

P.S. I remember back when I started collecting Hermes bags, hermes** was already selling mainly birkins and kellys. She is one of the first eBay sellers of H bags. CDL came about 2 years later together with montecarclub (who sells other stuff too) and NYfashionexpert, luxwear much later...
actually I've been around longer than cdl:smile:

Agree :yes:. I remember hermes** from as long as 7 years ago (when I was eyeing a Birkin for the first time), in fact, there was/is this other lady-- *beatrice* who has a couple of Birkins from time to time.

Why don't each member of this forum throw some $$ in the kitty and we can purchase our own Hermes Store.:yes: We would far surpass any store in the world in Customer Service!! You want a Birkin- No problem!! You want a charge send
No Problem!!

Our store would have the crem of the crem in merchandise. You would never find a Birkin stashed under the kitchen sink in the lunch room because it was for that special client:wtf: We all are special clients and we would exceed any sales quota of any store.

Then we can charge resellers 25 grand for a Birkin!!:okay::nuts::devil:
Gosh- I had fun with this thought!! lol