Where do you put your LV bags in the airplane?

I just put them on the floor. I check to make sure the area is clean though, such as no food/gum or whatever that will leave dirt or stains on my bag. Afterall, it's just a bag...:shrugs:

i agree with elle: it is just a bag. I stick my speedy up top or under the seat and pull it out when we're at cruising altitude.

Reactions: Precious84
I've been ordered to put my small Musette Tango, and even my Gucci pochette in the overhead compartment. :cursing: It's not like I was carrying my Speedy 30 with me! I was explained that the reason being is because during turbulence, the bags placed on one's lap can be thrown off and hit someone. (Like that can ever happen :weird: ). But anywho, I always place my bags in under the seat in front of me. Just make sure it's clean.

I remeber on a flight to France a Stewardess shuved my keepall in the overhead storage near someone elses seat and it hardly fitted in...I was so angry. When I got out (thats the only time I could get it out because it was so far away)...the keepall had marks allover it, scrapes and scratches :cursing:

I always carry an old cloth diaper w/me in all of my purses (x-cept the pochette of course) and just lay my purse on top of that. If the surface that the diaper was on was dirty, I also have a large ziplock to put that in too, I know, I am anal :shame: . It's from having kids!

I put my LV Keepall or bags under the seat. On my recent trip to Thailand last week, I stowed my Taiga Kendall GM in the overhead bin, my MC Keepall under the seat in front of me.

After my journey, back home in the U.S., 2 weeks later..I unpacked and gently wipe and clean the bottom and the sides my Taiga Kendall GM, MC Keepall and Damier Naviglio Bag! I dont have worry about any one of them.

Besides..Im a flight attendant too, so as paying passenger, I follow the rules and know the do's and don'ts like an experienced traveller.

LV bags is supposed to last...the more use of it..the better it looks!

PS..I used applegarde leather condition and cleaner combo on it!! Looks GREAT..like its new!!!

The flight attendant was just following airline policy. The reason you cannot have something on your lap during take off is that in the event of an emergency the items literally become projectiles, in addition to potentially impeding someone's abiity to exit the aircraft.

So although it seems like she was being annoying and an LV hater, she was simply doing what it took to make sure people are safe.

Perhaps you can take some material and sew up a little dustbag just for this purpose (or steal a pillowcase from the hotel...haha just kidding). That way you can put it under the seat without concern and still have the ability to access it mid-flight. :smile:
Ooooh, that's a good idea! Just fold up the dust bag and tuck it into your LV, then when you have to put the bag on the floor...voila! Of course, it might look a little silly to the other people on the plane...but so what?