Where do you put your H bag at work??

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I'm in the process of moving into my own office at work, which is private and security is not a concern. However, I was wondering where do put my beloved birkin! I know this may be a completely silly thing to think about but it has me in a conundrum. I have an upolstered cube at the side of my desk that I set it on today, but then my office manager came in to my office and needed to talk to me so she --set my bag on the floor:faint::faint::faint:-- I didn't even hear what she said because I was dying that my bag was on the floor (a major no no for me, no birkin on the floor EVER!!!). I totally didn't wanna make a scene as this would draw attention to the fact that my bag may be of value (no one has a clue what a birkin is in my town- the only bag they know is miche) but I immediately picked my bag up and started brain storming where to but the birkin!

Wondering where my fellow neurotic tPF bag lovers put their H bag at work?

I'm thinking of putting it right on the desk? Kinda like a piece of art! Or maybe adding a small side table and putting it there (but do you think the option draws two much attention to the bag?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a sturdy purse hanger-- you know, the one that you can put on a bar or table-and I keep it on my side of the desk with my Kelly next to me. This way I can look at it whenever I like, it doesnt distract my coworkers, and I feel secure with it next to me.

My mom had a "purse cubby" installed under her desk (hahaha talk bout protection!). I, on the other hand, am currently just starting out on my own...so my version is a wooden cube stool that's upholstered that I tuck under my desk (AWAY from anything and everything but my legs...especially the trash bin), while there are other seating options for unexpected guests. :smile: HTH

I put my bags in my desk drawer. I have a Picotin and two Garden Party totes, all of which are very flexible and can be bent to fit into the drawer. However, I don't think I would stuff a Birkin into the drawer. I'd be afraid that it would get damaged.

Mine stays behind my desk either:

on the floor under the table behind me
hanging on a purse hook from the table behind me
sitting on top of the table behind me

I put mine on the shelf behind my desk. I've cleared away the files that used to clutter the top of the shelf, so now I have a little space for my bag.

I have my own little office and am lucky to have a little cupboard thing with doors where T.V should go thank god my birkin fits there and even though security is not an issue I still lock it and I'm happy she has her own little nook since I wear the same bag every day most of my co workers just see it as my briefcase and I have about five co workers with H bags only two birkins though .

Call me paranoid, but I lock my Birkin in a drawer in my office - I am rarely in there due to meetings, and there are vendors that come through our offices. Better safe than sorry for me!

Thanks everyone for you input! Please forgive by typo in the original post- I typed necrotic but was thinking neurotic!!! Sorry if this confused or offended anyone, I type necrotic at least 3-4 x per day so it was an honest mistake:smile:

I am new to my job and we have an open office. I am seriously considering a purse hook but will it put too much stress on the handles? I have a 35cm and it's not going to fit in the drawer without bending the handles.

Really appreciate your advice. TIA!

Thanks everyone for you input! Please forgive by typo in the original post- I typed necrotic but was thinking neurotic!!! Sorry if this confused or offended anyone, I type necrotic at least 3-4 x per day so it was an honest mistake:smile:

Thanks for clarifying! I read it and burst out laughing, assuming it was a "spellcheck" flub.

And now you all have me wondering if there is something wrong with me, because it never occurred to me that anything was wrong with setting my bag on a (nice) floor!

I usually set mine on my printer table behind my desk, or sometimes on a padded ottoman in my office. Since my husband owns the company and no one but him comes into my office it's safe there. If I worked somewhere else I would probably lock it up somewhere out of sight.