Where do you put your birkin 30 or 35 on an airplane?

The Pilage is available at the website and it can be customized. One should never leave any handbag unattended even on a plane. At a store your wallet could be taken. That is always my fav at the grocery. Woman leaves bag on cart and walks away! I've know of several women who had wallets taken in that way and they didn't realize it until they went to check out!

Mine goes under the seat in front of me... but i would really like to get a pilage but dublin has stopped stocking them...:crybaby:

You can order them online!! You can have them customized as well.

This is the link for the Le Pliage (U.S)
Bienvenue sur la boutique LONGCHAMP

This is the large size with the long handle option. You can choose colors, etc. Its only a little more expensive than buying in the store.
etape02_large02.gif

Do you guys know if you can travel with a JPG Birkin on international flight as a carry-on? I want to get a JPG Birkin - as soon as I can convince them to make me one in ROSE SHOCKING CHEVRE~~~ or suede

I traveled with my JPG Birkin to New York and it fit comfortably below the seat in front of me. Of course I wrapped it in the airplane blanket before I put it on the floor :biggrin:

oh my god how i grapple with this question. i've been traveling quite a bit lately and constantly run into problems with the flight attendants. i refuse to stuff my bag under the seat so i place it on the floor and i stick it between my legs and hide it under my skirt and hope no one notices. long skirts or dresses have become a flying staple.

oh my god how i grapple with this question. i've been traveling quite a bit lately and constantly run into problems with the flight attendants. i refuse to stuff my bag under the seat so i place it on the floor and i stick it between my legs and hide it under my skirt and hope no one notices. long skirts or dresses have become a flying staple.

i do the same thing...sorta. first of all, i always sit in window seat. then i stick it behind my legs. less visible this way. and i put a blanket over my lap to cover everything.

by the way, i was flying jetblue once fairly recently and the flight attendant came by and noticed my bag and said, "miss, i'm going to have to ask you to please put that bag under your seat or in the overhead bin." and i was like, "um sure." and the woman sitting beside me (we had an empty seat between us) reached over when she noticed me "struggling" (really i was just buying time til little miss flight attendant walked away.) and actually reached over and took my bag from my hands and smiled and said, "here i'll help" and proceeded to STUFF IT under the middle seat between us. you guys will understand how my heart was racing at that point. i immediately pulled her out from under the seat, examined her, and, upon determining she was OK, did the skirt-hiding thing. but i glared at the "helpful" woman and thought about hissing to her "thisssss isssss Hermesssss" but thought, "whatever. she doesn't get it."

I stick mine in its sleeper hardware towards the sky and put it under the seat in front. I usually pull it out when the middle aisle or window seat passengers want to get thru for the washroom. After all I don't want to think about if they accidentally stepped on my bag.

I really like the longchamp idea, will try that the next time I travel.
I have always been reluctant to fly with my Birkin as it doesn't nicely under the seat and I having to worry about it. I especially hate running it through the x-ray machines.

Croissant, I feel your pain--I would have fainted if anyone stuffed my birkin under an airplane seat! Was that a 35? I haven't tried it yet, but I have a feeling that the 30 would fit nicely under the seat, while the 35 is just a bit big.

La Van, the picture of your black 30 with its own seat is too adorable. That's the perfect solution to this dilemma--just get birkie its own seat!

Cobalt, Thank you for the Longchamp link! I ordered a large pliage, brown with pink stripe, with the long handles and will test this system on my next flight. Geez, with the bagmate, chameleon and pliage, I'll have a bag in my bag, and a bag over my bag. What craziness!