Where do you purchase your furniture?

Wherever I find something I like that's good quality :smile:

I personally love Ikea for furniture. Based on Consumer Reports, they have some of the best (durable) furniture (and kitchens!!) out there. I like La-Z-Boy for sofas, chairs, etc. Ikea for bedroom furniture :smile:

So far the furniture we've purchased has been found through Ebay, whether it's importers & antiques dealers or North Carolina manufacturers.

(Except for our nursery furniture, which I found on PoshTots.com and ultimately was purchased from the manufacturer directly.)

I'm debating getting a side table from Horchow for the nursery, but I'm usually disappointed with Horchow's products, so I don't know if I should just browse some of the local antique shops in our town. :shrugs: (I hate like heck to pay for shipping here and then hate the table and have to pay for shipping back. :rolleyes: )

lamiastella said:
I personally love Ikea for furniture. Based on Consumer Reports, they have some of the best (durable) furniture (and kitchens!!) out there.

oh i disagree, my kitchen is from ikea (the previous owners installed it) and i keep having handles falling off and doors getting stuck :rant: it drives me nuts! they have little things that are fine but i wouldn't want to buy big things from there.

LisaG719- I think they (Ethan Allen) have great quality furniture and the price is up there as well because of it. Beautifully made, quality furniture!

BUT, now that I'm getting older, and when I want to be able to change my furniture like in 8-10 years, I have to think twice coz I paid a lot $$$ (to me) for it.

So, next time, I'm going for decent quality, doesn't have to be the best!

oh i disagree, my kitchen is from ikea (the previous owners installed it) and i keep having handles falling off and doors getting stuck
rant.gif

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about them and have good experiences with them. But I don't think I would ever go about installing a kitchen MYSELF - I would definitely pay the little bit extra to have them do it for me :smile: But maybe that's just because I'm not so good with putting things together :smile: