Where do you prefer to purchase?

1. Where do you prefer to purchase your bags?

Assuming a boutique is within commuting distance, would you rather...

a) Purchase at "home"? "Your" H boutique/SA...continuing to build a relationship...

b) Purchase during travels? An opportunity to purchase what may/may not be available close to home...an opportunity to purchase at a slight discount (e.g. Europe)...but...it then has to get home...

2. best case scenario...in France, second...my regular boutique:flowers:

3. Seems like most of my big purchases have been from DH shopping during travel at SCP. :flowers: I've finally found a nice SA at my "home" store so hopefully I'll be able to build a relationship there also. ;)

4. me too.

5. Best place is Hermes Boutique at home, without going through customs due to travels!!!:sweatdrop: been there, done that, -not good:sweatdrop: :shocked:

6. I don't really care as long as its a NICE bag :yahoo: :yahoo:

Of cos if the bag is the same, I'd prefer to buy it from Paris cos its MUCH CHEAPER there :P

7. Yes, I wonder about that... I like the "romance" (or idea of it) associated with purchases during travels...but...I so like the convenience of home...

I also think about the loyalty factor a bit...I believe that with patience, I could get just about anything I wanted (my tastes are fairly classic and straitforward) at home...

We will see...many travels soon to come...I remain "open" to possibilities...

8. I am finally building a relationship with an SA in the SF boutique! And since it is literally around the corner from my office, I say at home.

9. I say at home too--I love going into the store when I'm able to--once every few months when we go back to LA--and I like a familiar person I can call when I see something I like.

10. I think its best to establish a relationship (hope that's not just a tale) at your local boutique. However, its so much fun purchasing on a vacation and its great to have your DH or SO involved.

11. Wherever the price is lower!!

It's always nice to have a good relationship with your SA (which I do) at your local boutique. But the Hermes price in Canada (where I am) is just rediculous!!

12. With a 25% price difference between buying in France and the home base, I'll willingly turn into an Hermes pack mule.

In fact, still have my tennis elbow (and I don't play tennis) from hauling my last Birkin home in August. And I'm hoping to do the same again in a week or so's time... :upsidedown:

My home boutique is a 10 min drive (and that's factoring in parking too) but there's just so much more to choose from in France.

13. ok, say a 35cm Birkin in Clemence is $7500 retail in the US. are you saying that this exact bag is only $5625 in PARIS!???

14. Croissant, I live in Asia where things tend to be more expensive than in Europe or the US.

I haven't priced the 35 Birkins in non-exotic in Paris, but an ostrich 35 in Aug was (after taking off local taxes) would be 8,685 euro (USD 11,050 +/- a few bucks). In Singapore it's SGD 23,200 (USD 14,500 +/-) for the exact same bag.

Gina B's recent posts from Paris may have some French prices for you to benchmark H price differences.

15. My local store. I've built a great relationship with my SA and my local store and want to pay them back with my loyalty.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice