Where do you place your watch at night?

fishnumber2

May 8, 2014
Hi fellow tPFers, I recently got my first Rolex and not sure where to place it at night. I was thinking about a suede lined catchall tray on the nightstand so I can put my jewelry there as well, but I'm not sure how it will go with my cat jumping around in the morning time. Would love to hear what everyone is doing with their watches while catching your Z's!

Also would love to see some pictures if you got any to share

Hi fellow tPFers, I recently got my first Rolex and not sure where to place it at night. I was thinking about a suede lined catchall tray on the nightstand so I can put my jewelry there as well, but I'm not sure how it will go with my cat jumping around in the morning time. Would love to hear what everyone is doing with their watches while catching your Z's!

Also would love to see some pictures if you got any to share

I have a Rolex oyster perpetual, and keep it in a watchwinder when I'm not wearing it.

I don't have a rolex, but if I did it would be on a watch winder. My husband uses one for his watches. if you wear yours daily, you may not need one though. If that's the case a nice catch all would be great. I've always kept my watches in my jewelry box.

I don't have a rolex, but if I did it would be on a watch winder. My husband uses one for his watches. if you wear yours daily, you may not need one though. If that's the case a nice catch all would be great. I've always kept my watches in my jewelry box.

I do plan on wearing it daily, although there are weekends that I probably won't be wearing any watches at all. I think the winder is probably the way to go. Thanks for your input!

Prior to getting my Apple watch, which I sleep in since I use the vibrating alarm, I left my automatic Seiko in a watch winder or on my desk in the office, which is where I get dressed.

I have 2 automatic watches, a Rolex and a Patek. I currently wear the Patek almost every day and the Rolex is in the watch winder. But I'll switch off and then the Patek will be in the winder. I usually wear my watch to bed, but if I don't I leave it on the counter in the bathroom. A watch will get scratched if you wear it enough, and I don't think a night on the counter will hurt it. If I'm feeling particularly caring, I rest it on a washcloth.

Reactions: prepster
I just received my automatic Rolex for my birthday 3 weeks ago and i am in love and obsessed with it...but because it is automatic and 2 tone with diamond bezel i only wear it for nights out because it is very flashy, can anyone recommend a good watch winder...its Feb 6 and my watch date says 26 lol...i just don't have the time to wind it every time i want to wear it? Help :smile: