Where do you draw a line between driving to boutique or ordering over phone if it is

I live 15/20 minutes away from 4 places I can buy LV, and other boutiques in Manhattan and I'll only shop online or over the phone if the item is sold out here. If it's available here and for the same price I'd get online (obviously not on LV but a different brand), I prefer to go to the store myself, just because it's faster and I hate waiting for shipping haha

Hi all, I did a search but did not see a thread specifically asking this question:

If you live less more than an hour away from a boutique, where do you draw the line with boutique visits or just calling to place an order/online?
If I lived an hour away form a boutique I would definitely drive to the store. Trying to order online without seeing a bag in person is hard! We don't even have a LV in my state so I don't have a choice, but I have had two pieces come to be with defects which is a real bummer that I could have avoided if there was a store close that I could inspect my purchases in person!

I am one of the fortunate ones who lives in LA, so I have 6 boutiques nearby (anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour drive). I usually tend to look online first and then go in store to look. I have one go-to rep at Rodeo Drive who I send most of my questions (since they can get almost anything), and sometimes I will check in with a few other SA's that I've collected at the other locations.

I personally couldn't order online without seeing in person because, as someone else pointed out, bags can look different in person and also on your person.

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering it. I love the boutique experience but if I was going to ship it back to my house it didn't make sense right now. Maybe next purchase.