Where do you draw a line between driving to boutique or ordering over phone if it is

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hi all, I did a search but did not see a thread specifically asking this question:

If you live less more than an hour away from a boutique, where do you draw the line with boutique visits or just calling to place an order/online?

Friesoverguys

Nov 1, 2015
Hi all, I did a search but did not see a thread specifically asking this question:

If you live less more than an hour away from a boutique, where do you draw the line with boutique visits or just calling to place an order/online?
I live too far from the stores and order exclusively online. It's a disadvantage because I never interact with an SA and I have no clue how things look on me or feel. I have to send it back quickly or I'm stuck selling it on the second hand market, then I take a hit. But if you already know exactly what you want...it's seconds to order if you set up a profile. Pros and cons depending on different variables. The youtube videos and this forum are so valuable to someone like me. I just do tons of research.

aprilbug

Nov 11, 2010
Hubby and I drove 3 hours to look before I bought my current LV because I'm so picky! [emoji85] I battled pivione vs rose ballerine for weeks. If I went with the photos I seen online I would have ordered and been unhappy. They look different in person. I say drive if you can.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
When I am in France, my boutique is literally a five minute walk from my place. When I am in the US, it's almost a three hour drive to the nearest store. Therefore I never go there for the only purpose of visiting Louis Vuitton.

I actually love living most of the year away from a store because it erases the possibility of impulse buys. 😃😍 I don't care for placing an order over the phone. It doesn't feel right to me. In the end, no item is that important to me, so if I wait and it's no longer available, who cares? Something as pretty, as cool, and as limited will show up in the next collection!

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
I live about a 20 minute drive from the closest store so I just go there when I'm ready to make my next purchase. I enjoy being able to peruse through all of the goodies and actually make a detailed inspection of what I'm interested in buying. The only time I'll make a call to the store is to either check on the status of something I sent off for repair or to ask if they have what I'm looking for in stock so I don't 'waste' a trip.

ophousewife

May 23, 2012
I'm about 45 minutes from the nearest store so my drive isn't bad. Hubby and I make it a date day if I'm buying something. I only go once a year though so it's definitely a treat. I only buy online or over the phone when I absolutely have to.

KM7029

Speedy Addict
Feb 7, 2012
I only live about 15 minutes away from a medium sized LV store and 30-40 minutes from a flagship. I love going to the big store and browsing. I think it can be a lot of fun to buy in person!

The only time I ordered online was when I lived a 3 hour drive from the store.

LvoemyLV

Sep 4, 2014
I have only ordered twice online for items under $300. Anything more expensive I prefer to go to the store to pick up in person. I hate having to watch for the ups guy and stress if I will be home or not. It's about a 25 min ride for me to go and I tend to go often to the mall anyways lol.

Ronnnni

Jan 6, 2016
It depends on if I need to see the item in person or not. I have about 3 LV stores within a 30-40 minute distance from me. If it's an SLG I'll purchase online but for purses I prefer in store just to make sure I'm absolutely in love with it.

starbunny

Sky Luma
O.G.
Sep 23, 2010
I live an hour away from the store so I plan shopping trips every 3 months - even if I go to LV just to browse as part of my trip. I ordered my Speedy 30 in Emp online and while it made the whole process easier, I would have picked a different Speedy in store because of a few dents in mine when it came.

Oct 15, 2010

If you are ordering something that requires hand picking such as vernis embossing and bags that are made in France then drive to boutique, otherwise online ordering is more handy!

Bijans

Dec 31, 2012
I love visiting the boutqiues to check out new releases and make purchases ! If i know I want a bag then I will call the boutique and order it by phone or order online ! I like for it to be a surprise where my bag is made .. Believe it or not I always end up with a made in France bag when ordering online .. In the boutique they always bring me made in USA which is fine with me as well !

Kmazz39

Dec 22, 2015
I live about an hour away but honestly do the majority of my purchases online. I wish I could say I have had a positive experience at the store by me, but the last time I went there (November 2015) I bought my Neverfull GM in DE. The SA seemed rather disinterested in helping me, like I was wasting her time. Oh, and the store was empty, as I got there right when they opened.

Nene20122012

Baglover
Jan 10, 2014
I live 30 mns away from two stores but never go in to just browse...that's how I avoid temptation. I fall in love with the aesthetics of the item online and do tons of research beforehand. So when I go to the boutique ( which is not often) I already know what I want and get in and out in 30 mns or less