Where Do You Buy?

Where do you buy your LV?

• At the boutique, of course!

• eLuxury

• eBay

• A little of each

Results are only viewable after voting.
i'm sorry if i offended anyone. however, the reality of the matter is that over 90% of louis vuittons on ebay are fake- and this is according to the official documents of the suit filed by louis vuitton (and christian dior) against ebay in the french courts on september 20, 2006. so if over 90% of louis vuittons on ebay are fake, then the chances of buying a fake are extremely high. although there are definitely also those who end up buying real LV's on ebay (less than 10% are real), the unfortunate truth is that a high percentage end up buying fakes (over 90% are fake on ebay). louis vuitton also ordered google to pay $250,000 in trademark violations, misleading advertisement, unfair competition, e.t.c.

[in 2006, louis vuitton and the sister company, christian dior, sued ebay for not adequately preventing the sale of counterfeit products. the suit was filed in french courts on september 20, 2006 and according to official documents of the louis vuitton and christian dior suit against ebay, over 90% of louis vuittons sold on ebay are fake.]

I've gotten 2 bag from the boutique, 2 things from elux, 3 things from friends, and the rest from ebay. So it's basically all of the above for me! :smile: It's always fun to get brand new bags and acces. But nothing beats getting a kick butt deal on LV :P

i'm sorry if i offended anyone. however, the reality of the matter is that over 90% of louis vuittons on ebay are fake- and this is according to the official documents of the suit filed by louis vuitton (and christian dior) against ebay in the french courts on september 20, 2006. so if over 90% of louis vuittons on ebay are fake, then the chances of buying a fake are extremely high. although there are definitely also those who end up buying real LV's on ebay (less than 10% are real), the unfortunate truth is that a high percentage end up buying fakes (over 90% are fake on ebay).
I agree that the majority of bags sold on eBay are counterfeit. However, if you are an informed consumer, you can easily weed out the majority of those listings from those that are authentic. I can personally scroll through 50 pages of Louis Vuitton listings on eBay and discredit at least 45 pages without even opening their auction links.

I agree that the majority of bags sold on eBay are counterfeit. However, if you are an informed consumer, you can easily weed out the majority of those listings from those that are authentic.

Exactly! I have no doubt about the authenticity of my bags purchased from eBay. You have to be willing to educate yourself and train your eye. :blink:

(less than 10% are real)

I'm almost 100% certain all tPF members here buy stuff from this less than 10% inventory. For those who unfortunately got a fake piece from eBay, they must have mourned and cried and screamed and yelled and got their money back already.

I would like to read the article though, if you could post the link.

The closest LV to me is a little over 2 hours away in Saks Pittsburg but luckily I travel quite a bit and have been able to purchase the majority of my bags straight from the LV Boutiques. I also place phone orders alot so that I can still order from the boutique but don't have to pay tax :nuts: Other than that, I've purchased alot from eLux and I recently purchased a brand new bag from Let-trade on eBay. I have issues with purchasing a used bag though so if and when I do purchase on eBay, it's only for brand new, usually LE bags, that I'm not able to get otherwise.