Where do the major sellers on ebay get their David Yurman?

spylove22

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
I always wonder how the big powersellers can sell so much and where they get it from. Has anyone bought from the big sellers on ebay and if so have you had it authenticated? TIA.

Oh my gosh...I want to know the same thing. Like where do Ibuyluxury, morganalexandraoriginals ad bluekoi etc, get there stuff? I think I read somewhere that I buyluxury buys pre-owned things and polishes them to look new, because most of their auctions do not include the word new.

I have purchased from Ebay powersellers and have been disapointed to say the least.I assumed it would be okay to purchase because of their positive feedback.The minute I opened the packages, I could tell they were not authentic. I think they bank on the fact that many people are "first time" buyers, and do not know the difference.The pieces do not have the same weight as authentic Yurman. The diamonds do not have a sparkle. The finishing work is close, but certainly not like my authentic pieces.
Luckily, the sellers have all taken returns. I can only speak for myself, but the pieces I have bought from some of the above have not been authentic Yurman.

I would reccomend buyers pay full price from the Yurman Boutique or Neimans/Saks. I lost a diamond in my ring and the Boutique gave me a new ring (a year later, no questions), Neimans has repaired(numerous times)free of charge. I am hard on my jewelry. LOL .When purchasing expensive pieces, it is nice to have this type of customer service.

I have purchased from Ebay powersellers and have been disapointed to say the least.I assumed it would be okay to purchase because of their positive feedback.The minute I opened the packages, I could tell they were not authentic. I think they bank on the fact that many people are "first time" buyers, and do not know the difference.The pieces do not have the same weight as authentic Yurman. The diamonds do not have a sparkle. The finishing work is close, but certainly not like my authentic pieces.
Luckily, the sellers have all taken returns. I can only speak for myself, but the pieces I have bought from some of the above have not been authentic Yurman.

I would reccomend buyers pay full price from the Yurman Boutique or Neimans/Saks. I lost a diamond in my ring and the Boutique gave me a new ring (a year later, no questions), Neimans has repaired(numerous times)free of charge. I am hard on my jewelry. LOL .When purchasing expensive pieces, it is nice to have this type of customer service.

This is simply not true. Many of the ebay sellers with large stores get their pieces the same way that David Yurman outlets, OFF Fifth and Neiman's outlet get discounted David Yurman. Yurman did not sell to secondary sources until relatively recently, within the last 5 years and this how you can get Yurman discounted now, on ebay, Yurman outlets, etc... I have done a great deal of shopping directly from a retail store and on ebay and each piece varies regardless of where it was purchased because the details are done by hand but that certainly doesn't mean that it is not authentic. If you take your pieces in to be authenticated, you will be told they are authentic, every piece I have purchased on ebay has been authentic and most definitely the same high quality as my numerous pieces purchased directly from a retail store and I am far from a first time buyer. I have been an avid Yurman collector for many years and have quite a sizable collecton. :yes:

Reactions: Juilletdix
im still skeptical on buying on ebay ive wanted tyo but chickened to. and i dont like 2nd hands unless it has a significant meaning or is hard to get. i wished there wasnt any outlets for yurman =( when did they start this and why?

triple crown- when u brought ur pieces back to the boutique to repair did u need to bring ur recipet or anything?

I am only speaking for myself. I think it is wonderful if other posters in this forum have had a positive experience from one(or all) of the sellers mentioned above.:yes:

I worked at Neimans while in college and spent many years selling authentic David Yurman as a sales associate......I am just trying to help.

I think it is quite easy to see fake Yurman on ebay, unless they do a bait and switch, and the majority of the Yurman from the sellers I mentioned is authentic. There is way more fake Tiffany on Ebay than Yurman.

I think it is quite easy to see fake Yurman on ebay, unless they do a bait and switch, and the majority of the Yurman from the sellers I mentioned is authentic. There is way more fake Tiffany on Ebay than Yurman.

There definitly is A LOT more fake Tiffany and Vuitton on ebay then Yurman. Every fake Yurman I have seen listed is from China and pretty obviously fake and never stating that it is even authentic Yurman...

^so, they get it from David Yurman, just a question though, why is it that they are very upfront about claiming they are not authorized sellers?

They are still not authorized Yurman retailers because they are not connected to Yurman. Its kind of like many of the websites that sell authentic designer watches such as Jomashop, they are 100% authentic but state that they aren't authorized dealers. However, in that case you don't have the manufacturer's waranty, only the from Jomsshop, etc,. Yurman doesn't have a waranty but you can send any piece back to Yuman to be repaired, regardless of where you purchased it from.

I mentioned this in another DY thread, but here it is again. There is a ring for sale on eBay by ibuyluxury which DOES NOT in any way resemble the ring I bought directly from Saks. I looked through their other listings and some other items do not look right to me. I guess bottom line is this: (1) It is never FOR SURE authentic unless you buy from an authorized retailer. (2) If it's too good to be true (i.e., hundreds less than retail for brand new item), then it is not real.