Where do I find a dust bag for a vintage Louis Vuitton I just bought?

shorner1

Jul 28, 2013
Apparently you cannot post them on EBay because it is against policy to just sell a dust bag on EBay (quite silly!). Now I am stuck using a pillowcase which isn't happiness. Anyone know where to find them for sale?

Apparently you cannot post them on EBay because it is against policy to just sell a dust bag on EBay (quite silly!). Now I am stuck using a pillowcase which isn't happiness. Anyone know where to find them for sale?

It's not silly - whilst there are genuine people who wish to buy dustbags there are also counterfeit sellers who would buy authentic "extras" (dustbags, tags, receipts) to make their items look real. That's why the policy exists.

They do occasionally crop up by people breaking the rules but think they are taken down fairly quickly too!

You can head down to your lical LV and ask the SA for one. I got one for free when I casually mentioned that my Speedy dustbag seem to be a little small. She gave a new one but the size is not that much bigger at all.

It's not silly - whilst there are genuine people who wish to buy dustbags there are also counterfeit sellers who would buy authentic "extras" (dustbags, tags, receipts) to make their items look real. That's why the policy exists.

They do occasionally crop up by people breaking the rules but think they are taken down fairly quickly too!

I guess I can understand that. I just figured if you can make a fake, you can certainly make a dust bag for the fake. Just hate that it is so hard to get a nice matching storage bag.

Bonanza might be a good place to look as I have seen dustbags for both LV and Chanel on that site from time to time. There was one seller a year or two? ago who unloaded a large amount of dustbags. I cannot remember the seller name now, but at the time I thought it was someone well kmown here.

I didn't want to pay $50 for a dust bag so I paid a visit to the store and the sweet salesperson just gave me one when I took a shot in the dark and asked for one over the weekend. It was an awesome day!!

Actually, I just bought an item on ebay and it is without dustbag

Yesterday, I went to LV store and i told them that I need a dustbag. (of course I also purchase something else)
The SA was very nice and asked me which model and found me extra one.

But again, before I went to the store, I called and they told me they could not give it to me.
But apparently they did give it to me :smile:

So if next time you are buying stuffs there, ask from them and they might give it to you :smile:

Actually, I just bought an item on ebay and it is without dustbag

Yesterday, I went to LV store and i told them that I need a dustbag. (of course I also purchase something else)
The SA was very nice and asked me which model and found me extra one.

But again, before I went to the store, I called and they told me they could not give it to me.
But apparently they did give it to me :smile:

So if next time you are buying stuffs there, ask from them and they might give it to you :smile:

Thanks for the info :smile:
I will also try