Where do I even start?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I mailed a package Saturday morning to Alberta Canada. (I'm in NC)
    I printed the label online and stood in line at the PO to buy insurance. I have both the online receipt and the PO receipt with the same custom form #.

I mailed the package express mail.

Here's the problem:
    The tracking shows that the package was delivered today in Miami.
    I purchased insurance but does the insurance cover the package contents if it shows delivered? ....even though it's nowhere near my intended destination.
    It's the $1500/$2000 range.

How did it end up in Miami - it was in an Express International Box! With custom forms stuck on the top - computer printed address -easily readable.

2. This is horrible! Have you contacted USPS yet? Keep us posted.

3. Not yet. I just found out and was hoping for advice and/ or other member's experience with this before I go to the PO in the morning.

I am hoping that this is simply a scanning error. Wonder if that is possible?

4. It could be a scanning error. I think insurance would cover this since it clearly wasn't delivered as intended. Even if they said otherwise at first, I'd push until this was remedied.

5. I hope you have an honest buyer who doesnt use that to their advantage if its indeed a scanning error :sad: I've seem all sorts of weird things in my tracking before.
    Where there other scans prior to delivery where you can have a basic idea of how it got there? I am starting to not like how PO sometimes don't scan along its way.

6. You need to go to the PO & get an update on why your packaged ended
    up in Miami...and perhaps it was a scanning error but you need to know
    what happened & once you do find out, perhaps contact your buyer &
    let her know what's going on should there be an unexpected delay...

7. I'm off to the post office now and will update shortly. I'm still hoping at this point that it is a scanning error.
    I did request the "proof of delivery" option when viewing the tracking last night and have not received the return email from USPS. I'm thinking this will show the signature?

I do not have a buyer for this item. It was a TRADE transaction. The person I'm trading with informed me of the tracking problem last night.

8. Ew, crossing my fingers for you OP.

9. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's just a scanning error and wishing you the best:hugs:

10. ^^^ this.

OP I hope this is the case for you as well. What a huge PIA! Let us know how you make out.

11. This is horrible, hope it all ends up well!

12. Let's hope it is a scanning error... good luck at the post office & let us know

how you make out....

13. USPS make mistake sometime. They mis-sent my package once. I use 2 days priority to MD, and it took them almost 2 weeks to get there by traveling to CT, NY, NC, and other states. You should call USPS to ensure the package is on the right route to destination. That's what I did, but it took 2 weeks. :pout:

14. Good luck at the P.O.
    It totally lies all on them
    Good thing you got the insurance :smile:

15. Here's what I see when I check the tracking:

Express Mail International®

Delivered

October 15, 2012, 7:48 am

MIAMI, FL 33112

Insured

Proof of Delivery

Depart USPS Sort Facility

October 13, 2012