Where did you go for rhinoplasty?/where are thinking about going? I need recommendations!

Jessicat_06

May 8, 2020
I was initially considering South Korea, but it seems like a tangled mess of shadow doctors, botched jobs and mixed reviews!
So thought I'd cast my net further and try my luck on here for ideas!

I'd like to get a rhinoplasty for a deviated septum and bulbous tip. I've heard there are other countries that are perfect for nose surgery, but I have literally no idea where to start!

Some personal recommendations from your own experiences or heavy researching would be really helpful in my own research journey.

Thanks very much! :biggrin:

Nov 16, 2015
Anywhere you go can be an issue. I was botched by a Beverly Hills doctor who did the breasts of one of the biggest stars in the world (of course her surgery went fine).

No matter what reviews you look at, rarely will they be perfect.

Plenty of people go to Seoul and leave happy and well. But those people usually have done their research. The botched ones often go to the very clinics they were warned against. Hell, people still go to clinics that have deaths and are known to be factories.

Feel free to go to Turkey if you've decided not to go to Seoul.

Reactions: karynvv

Jessicat_06

May 8, 2020
Anywhere you go can be an issue. I was botched by a Beverly Hills doctor who did the breasts of one of the biggest stars in the world (of course her surgery went fine).

No matter what reviews you look at, rarely will they be perfect.

Plenty of people go to Seoul and leave happy and well. But those people usually have done their research. The botched ones often go to the very clinics they were warned against. Hell, people still go to clinics that have deaths and are known to be factories.

Feel free to go to Turkey if you've decided not to go to Seoul.
Yes, it's scary! I've seen lots of clinics being
written as blacklist clinics, but still see people wishing to go there, either because they just don't know or don't care.

I feel even if you do your research and choose a great doctor things can still go wrong. It's such a risky business! If I had the money I would go to Beverly Hills, but yes, you're right, mistakes still happen, even with rich people! I guess you just have to trust your gut!

For example, there's a doctor I had my eye on in Europe because of his amazing reviews, pictures and education. Like, really amazing work. But even just a few bad reviews with similar content are enough to make you sprint in the opposite direction. They messaged me back and I just got this weird feeling in my gut that I'd be another victim, so I just left it. Does that make sense?

I'm sorry your procedure didn't go as planned. That's really frustrating. What were you after and what did they give you?

I alternate between incredible excitement of one day being comfortable in my own skin, to hopelessness that I'll never achieve a beautiful look.

Nov 16, 2015
Yes, it's scary! I've seen lots of clinics being
written as blacklist clinics, but still see people wishing to go there, either because they just don't know or don't care.

I feel even if you do your research and choose a great doctor things can still go wrong. It's such a risky business! If I had the money I would go to Beverly Hills, but yes, you're right, mistakes still happen, even with rich people! I guess you just have to trust your gut!

For example, there's a doctor I had my eye on in Europe because of his amazing reviews, pictures and education. Like, really amazing work. But even just a few bad reviews with similar content are enough to make you sprint in the opposite direction. They messaged me back and I just got this weird feeling in my gut that I'd be another victim, so I just left it. Does that make sense?

I'm sorry your procedure didn't go as planned. That's really frustrating. What were you after and what did they give you?

I alternate between incredible excitement of one day being comfortable in my own skin, to hopelessness that I'll never achieve a beautiful look.

He did what he wanted to do which was the complete opposite of what we agreed to do before my surgery (he even admitted that). Of course I felt that since he had operated on one of the biggest stars in the world that he wasn't going to botch my procedures. He botched both my lipo and my nose. My breathing gets worse and worse and my lipo has made me go from wearing string bikinis to wearing a shirt that covers me down to my thighs.

I finally came here a few years ago and found out how amazing South Korean plastic surgeons were. However, I had to wait on my surgeries because I had some medical issues that needed to be addressed. I was supposed to have surgery in the beginning of April, but that's when they closed everything down and I wasn't able to fly out of the country.

I have my lipo surgeon already and I know that they're fine which is why I chose him. But now I am trying to find someone to do both my eyes and my nose (I was going to consult at a few places when I arrived). I'm happy now knowing that if I do my research properly that I will have the results that I want. I would actually go to Turkey if it made sense. I found two doctors there that would definitely give me the result that I want. However, if I'm going to do all this traveling, I'm already going to Seoul for my liposuction, so it makes more sense for me to get my nose and eyes done there.

I'm having my teeth done in Turkey as well, but don't want to do 2 trips and can't do teeth and nose on the same trip.

Last edited:

Nannan2020

Aug 9, 2020
Hello, I went through a rhinoplasty surgery here in Bangkok, Thailand. If you are looking for a recommendation I could recommend to you my surgeon who did my nose. His name is " dr. chakarin" you can search his name on google if you want to look for his job.

zhiyanmae

May 5, 2020
Have you considered getting the procedure here in Singapore? Nose jobs are pretty common and popular here. There are also plenty of good doctors who offer rhinoplasties. I know of one. His name is Dr Leo Kah Woon and he's a family friend. A few of my friends have gone to him for nose jobs and double eyelid surgery, and they look great. Do check him out if you like :smile:

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
Chicago
I had my nose done by Dr. Few in Chicago. He specializes in ethnic rhinoplasties and is one of the top facial surgeons in the U.S. Plus, he has a special rate for a medical suite at the Four Seasons which is really nice for recovery. His fees are not inexpensive, but he is great and it's your face.

Ayc93

Aug 19, 2020
He did what he wanted to do which was the complete opposite of what we agreed to do before my surgery (he even admitted that). Of course I felt that since he had operated on one of the biggest stars in the world that he wasn't going to botch my procedures. He botched both my lipo and my nose. My breathing gets worse and worse and my lipo has made me go from wearing string bikinis to wearing a shirt that covers me down to my thighs.

I finally came here a few years ago and found out how amazing South Korean plastic surgeons were. However, I had to wait on my surgeries because I had some medical issues that needed to be addressed. I was supposed to have surgery in the beginning of April, but that's when they closed everything down and I wasn't able to fly out of the country.

I have my lipo surgeon already and I know that they're fine which is why I chose him. But now I am trying to find someone to do both my eyes and my nose (I was going to consult at a few places when I arrived). I'm happy now knowing that if I do my research properly that I will have the results that I want. I would actually go to Turkey if it made sense. I found two doctors there that would definitely give me the result that I want. However, if I'm going to do all this traveling, I'm already going to Seoul for my liposuction, so it makes more sense for me to get my nose and eyes done there.

I'm having my teeth done in Turkey as well, but don't want to do 2 trips and can't do teeth and nose on the same trip.
Hey girl, I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience, I definitely feel you, especially because I need to revise my rhinoplasty too because my doctor messed up as well, it really is just so frustrating! So, I am also looking to get a revision rhinoplasty and my eyes done in Korea also! I was also considering Turkey too at first because Ive seen some amazing work from some of their doctors, but because I am full Asian and they seem to mostly have non asian patients, so that made me second think about going there to get my nose done there. So I decided to try to look around in Korea as they are experienced with working on Asian faces. But I have been trying to do some research but it just seems kind of difficult and stressful, especially because of reading about the whole black list clinics and shadow doctors, and fake reviews, and unfortunately I don't know anyone personally that knows about the plastic surgery clinics and doctors in Korea. I was just wondering where you were looking to get information and research for your doctors/clinics that you chose in Korea? And I was also wondering which clinics/doctors you are considering for your revision rhinoplasty and eyes? Because I literally want to go there for the same thing!! But I really hope that this can be the last time for us both for these procedures!!(: